Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i have my camera that i got on ebay its a license plate mounted one i know how to hook it up etc. but i have 2 questions
1 yall say the power to the reverse lights that i wanna tap into is white white with green stripe? well there is two of those, one with a lime greener stripe and another with a more teal green stripe

2 how the crap do i get the wire from the camera into the trunk? i have a rotozip and im not affraid to make a small hole but how do i feed it up by our licesnce plate light into the trunk space so i can run it up front?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow you must've read my Mind, I was checking out these Cameras last week.
I didn't pull the Trigger on it yet because I had the same Question.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay so it turns out that the teal color green wire is the power, so okay its all hooked up comes on in reverse BUT i have to manually select the back up camera button on my pioneer avic f900 bt, this kinda defeats the purpose of taping into the reverse lights power, it comes on when it is in reverse, but i want it to bypass what im doing at that moment gps, ipod etc. and show me what im backin up at somebody please help!

·
Registered
224 Posts
i could be mistaken (and this is a few pages back now...) but there should be a power wire coming out of your pioneer for your back up camera. im not sure on your deck, but on my no name deck, there is a power wire at the back of the deck. i assume you are supposed to use this one. i hope this helps.
Josh

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
When I hooked up mine I connected the power the the white wire with the green line. It could be more of a teal like you said. I ran the video cable up through the license plate light hole, along the bumper, through the right tail light and then up through the passenger side of the ride past the glove box and to the radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts