Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a check engine light and traction control light come on a while back, went to auto parts and they checked it and came up a bad cam sensor in bank 1. I have changed the sensor but it still shows up. Car is stuck in limp mode and will accelerate slowly. Any ideas I could try?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
What model year is the car and which engine? Since the code referenced Bank-1 I'm guessing it's the V6 but there's a 3.5L and a 3.6L ... depending on the model year of the car.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
There are several codes related to Bank-1 Camshaft Position. The possible causes varies depending on the diagnostic code. They include the cam position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, variable valve timing (VVT) intake solenoid, cam phaser, etc ... Do you know the codes that were logged (e.g. P000A).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are several codes related to Bank-1 Camshaft Position. The possible causes varies depending on the diagnostic code. They include the cam position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, variable valve timing (VVT) intake solenoid, cam phaser, etc ... Do you know the codes that were logged (e.g. P000A).
Sorry for late reply but I found out the issue was just a bad camshaft and she’s running all good now

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Glad to see it's fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts