Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy's dad has an 07 charger r/t with 300,000 miles. Says it starts and then shuts off right after. Says he'd take $1000.
I've read it could be a bad key fob or throttle body. He says it has a real nice sound system in it. Not really wanting the sound system as I plan to build more of a fun weekend/strip car.

any thoughts on what the problem could be?
Think it's worth $1000?

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a fleet vehicle he's owned it since it was new and drives 40miles one way to work every day.

you think maybe a bad injector?

·
Registered
898 Posts
There is probably a code? Maybe fuel pump? Either way, looks in decent shape body wise. I would think it’s worth $1,000 even if you have to tow it to the dealer’s or somewhere to diagnose it. If you are going to mod it for a little weekend fun anyways, you are going to want to freshen up the motor, trans and maybe change the rear gear?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My buddy's dad has an 07 charger r/t with 300,000 miles. Says it starts and then shuts off right after. Says he'd take $1000.
I've read it could be a bad key fob or throttle body. He says it has a real nice sound system in it. Not really wanting the sound system as I plan to build more of a fun weekend/strip car.

any thoughts on what the problem could be?
Think it's worth $1000?
Fob or fuse.
Dude my car had 187000km
For 1000 , Toronto.
But it needs body work.
Enjoy. Chargers are always work it!

·
Registered
192 Posts
That looks like a clean, one-owner R/T for $1000. If it looks that good in person and doesn't smoke, I'd buy it in a New York minute. I think I could track down the issue without too much trouble. It'd be fun to try, and not much of an investment.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Wow, the clear coat in tact, the headlights are even clouded? An R/T? Yes if the running is not too serious. Check and clear the codes and see.
How about some interior and under hood shots?
I like vehicle stories like this keep us posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts