Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running the v6 3.5L with spectre cai and K&E filter and true dual exhaust cat back flowmaster 44's with x-pipe. other mods include some cosmetic stuff like fiberglass challenger style hood r/t spoiler and honeycomb grill but nothing else that will add hp. I have some performance springs but i've been holding off on installing them (waiting for when i buy my 20 inch rims and i'm going to drop it anyways so might as well do it all together you know...)
I love my car, but my friends (plural) got VW GTI and they think they're hot sh**... can't stand it. They're stock turbo and they are modding here and there and well... i just gotta beat them...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was leaning more towards the tidalwave sc. But everything is kind of out of my price range... any cheaper suggestions? I actually haven't heard too many members bring up NOS on the forums?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dude, there is always gonna be someone faster, you will spend some serious money riding that slippery slope. That being said, don't they make a tuner for the 3.5? That would be my next step.

But I doubt you will ever beat a GTI off of the line without a supercharger. Maybe not even then. You are just pushing too much steel, they are two different types of cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stock to stock quarter mile times are 14.8-GTI and 15.5-Charger sxt
that's not including the bit of gains i should be seeing from my intake and exhaust. I'm not hoping to beat out every guy out there who's faster than me, but the fact that he called my charger a family sedan... well that's just asking for a punishment (especially if it's only .7 secs i'm fighting for)

·
Registered
27 Posts
If there modding those gti's forget about it. Remember there turbocharged and all they have to do is a reputable tune on one and they can gain easy 30 hp add full turbo back exhaust intake and there above 50 hp gains.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You need to do yourself a favor and buy the Tidalwave SC kit, you will shut your friends right up. Your 15.5 car will be turned into a low 14's maybe even high 13's depending on other mods! This kit adds 100+ HP easy! Plus its awesome opening up your hood to show off your V6 Supercharged motor.

[URL="http://www.supercharge35.com"]www.supercharge35.com[/URL] Give Tim a call

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
been dying to do the tidalwave sc! ever since i heard about it on this forum. but i just spent a couple gs on an engagement ring.... saving up for a few months again... sticking to cosmetic stuff since it's cheaper for now (grille lights woots!)

·
Registered
62 Posts
A supercharger would be your best bet but, notorious isn't out of the question especially if you have the 5 speed trans. you could run a 150 shot if you already have a tuner and something like that would only cost about $800 if you can do the install yourself.

·
9 Second Club
22,382 Posts
Nitrous would be needed for sure and would be the cheapest option....

Me love the spray:D

·
9 Second Club
22,382 Posts

·
9 Second Club
22,382 Posts
for nitrous, you should really hit up the pros over @ nitrousoutlet.com

they are the best, and I would probably get on of their TB plate systems and pill it for a 100 shot:TU:

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts!
4,082 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
it is a family sedan.. lol that being said, sounds like a bunch of douches. he needs a reality check because his GTI is slow too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks guys! i may have just been convinced into some NOS modding lol. and yeah we're all jerks to each other but seems like i need a little more muscle to kind of get them to back down.
that being said, god do i love this forum!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Take a huge beer piss in their gas tank. It won't add any tents to your time, but might just knock a few off of theirs.

And I agree with Sowbalt. I mean, it is kind of a family sedan. A 4000 pound family sedan. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But we all sacrificed some speed for a usable rear seat and trunk when we bought this car.

Except DRP. He decided to have his cake and eat it too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The problem I always see with NOS is that its not repeatable. You may be able to beat them in a single race but once you are out thats it. Like someone else said, just a tune on a GTI can get it to run mid 5's to 60 and high 13's in the qtr. If they have done even just that you might as well forget it. They would give an RT a run at that point

1 - 20 of 44 Posts