Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I come out from work and see a ton these half eaten walnuts sitting on my car. There's a tree above it so I figured some squirrel was having a feast up above. It was raining that day so I took the car to get a quick spraydown and noticed that there were some stains left behind from the walnuts. I get it home and try to remove the stains with a claybar. No go. Tried some tar, bug and stain remover. No go. Tried some standard stain remover. No go. Now I've got a bunch of stains across my hood that look like chewing tobacco spit. And they won't come out. I'm freaking out just a little bit. Anyone have any suggestions as how to get these stains removed. PLEASE.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?
Here's some pics, they may help.

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
Holy shit, Richard! Sorry bro...never seen anything like that before. Have you taken her in to a professional detail or body shop?

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy shit, Richard! Sorry bro...never seen anything like that before. Have you taken her in to a professional detail or body shop?
Not yet. I'm trying to see if I might be able to get it out myself. I'm just not sure which product or what to do. (I'm also searching for a squirrel gun)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've heard Dawn and a soft toothbrush works good on stains like that since it's a grease remover. Besides that I would take it to a pro if it doesn't come off, good luck man

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
How about some meguire compound?

Reactions: nanook

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Try some "Goof-off". That stuff works well. If your very careful and work fast, you could also try some Carburetor cleaner. Spray it on and wipe it off right away. I've used it many times in the past to take off heavy Tar, road grit, or even paint that I might have picked up by running over some spilled on the road. It even took off some of that road lining white or yellow paint. You can't let it sit on the car too long though and once you get the area clean, wash it with soap and water and then heavy wax the area again.
Like I said, I have done this before but try it on a small spot first before doing it all to be sure you don't have any problems....

Good luck :TU:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Wow bro, that was pretty bad! Looks like you need to get her parked in the garage!!! Good luck on getting those stains out and let us know what worked

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
My first thought was take it to a pro and hope they don't see your desperation and upsell the hell out of you. The only other thing that wasn't already suggested was rubbing alcohol, it'll cut Sharpie like it was dry erase marker. Hope you get it off, I'd be so frustrated right now if i was you.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Is this on a clear bra?

I would try goo gone. If that doesn't work what about some paint cleaner like p21s? Good luck and let us know how you get it resolved.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
The ultimate thing would be to use directly some Acetone. Try it first somewhere it will not be visible like behind the side carpet on the trunk to be sure it will not damage the paint. I use it on mine for some sap from a tree and it work. Of course I didn't touch the hood since mine is in Carbon and the Acetone would ruin it. Luckly it was just on the back right fence.
Good luck!

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
That sucks. My first choice would be 3M Hand Glaze. I had to go to an automotive paint supply place the last time I needed to get a bottle but it's great for removing swirls.

Maybe they can even take a look at your problem and offer some advice.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I've seen walnut sap stains before but not on a car... They are a PITA to get out.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
thank god the Charger stays in the garage!!! but my poor HEMI Ram has to sit outside. Being from West "by god" Virginia we have alot of "mast bearing trees" I used turtle wax scratch remover (white paste) it took it off with no ill effect on my paint (cool vinilla on the truck) good luck !!!

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
I used to get similar stains on my old White Grand Prix. First I would try a good quality cleaner wax, if that doesn't work try a polishing compound by hand or with a orbital buffer.. If all that fails, then use some 2,000 grit sand paper and wet sand it off. Then just polish it back up with polishing compound and re wax it to seal it.. I might mention that I used to detail cars professionally and thats how I was trained to do it..

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I used to get similar stains on my old White Grand Prix. First I would try a good quality cleaner wax, if that doesn't work try a polishing compound by hand or with a orbital buffer.. If all that fails, then use some 2,000 grit sand paper and wet sand it off. Then just polish it back up with polishing compound and re wax it to seal it.. I might mention that I used to detail cars professionally and thats how I was trained to do it..
Absolutely the right answer, that is what a shop will do.

You can try the rubbing compound and it may do the trick though.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the suggestion folks. I figured the must've been a way to get it off, but didn't want to ruin the paint in doing so.

·
Registered
768 Posts
That sucks I never would have thought a walnut tree would do that much damage.Good luck on getting her cleaned up.I would get a live trap,get the little [email protected]$ that did that and hang him from the tree.I would try to take it to a pro and see what they suggest.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts