Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old system crapped out on me. The glasspacks rusted through a year ago and had to be removed and one of my Dynomax VT mufflers blew out and sent fiberglass flying out through the back. So I replaced it all with some Different Trend Flow 2 mufflers. About the same in loudness compared to my Dynomax VTs but deeper in sound. The resonance I had at low RPM without the glasspacks is gone and It's just about drone free. You can hear the exhaust when you get on the gas but it's silent when you're cruising. I'm pretty happy with the setup. The mufflers were dirt cheap too! Picked up the set for $80 shipped on eBay. Here's a video showing a cold start, 0-60 interior run, and some casual driving.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like it!! Our 2012 SXT+ still has the factory exhaust (49K miles) and since buying it in Sept. '15, I've installed aFe CAI, Modern Muscle TB and Diablo tune. It runs good, happy with the V6 performance and gas mileage. Since the internal combustion engine is basically an air pump, now I want to improve the exit of spent "air". I plan on starting at the convertors with "maybe" an "X" pipe, then into one muffler with 2 in's and 2 out's and retaining the stock resonators. Just getting some pointers!! Thanks for the post!!

·
Read Only
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're welcome! The Blacktop editions came with factory dual exhaust and an X pipe where all other SXT models had a Y or H pipe I believe. The X pipe and true duals were a factor in the 8HP increase to 300HP over the stock 292. There's definitely some gains to be had by going with the X Pipe and opening the exhaust a little bit. Can't argue with the sound either!

I like it!! Our 2012 SXT+ still has the factory exhaust (49K miles) and since buying it in Sept. '15, I've installed aFe CAI, Modern Muscle TB and Diablo tune. It runs good, happy with the V6 performance and gas mileage. Since the internal combustion engine is basically an air pump, now I want to improve the exit of spent "air". I plan on starting at the convertors with "maybe" an "X" pipe, then into one muffler with 2 in's and 2 out's and retaining the stock resonators. Just getting some pointers!! Thanks for the post!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I plan on starting at the convertors with "maybe" an "X" pipe, then into one muffler with 2 in's and 2 out's and retaining the stock resonators. Just getting some pointers!! Thanks for the post!!
Rather than hacking up your stock exhaust and winding up with mild steel pieces with no rust resistance, you might want to consider swapping in a complete OEM true dual exhaust from an R/T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts