Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger RT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to this forum. And my car is anything but new. She's an older 06 lx model RT. Hoping to find people still interested and able to share knowledge about that year here. Thanks -Glen

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,571 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

Reactions: CerratoCharger

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Glen, welcome to the forum from Western NY. While the newer Chargers are nicer (nicer interiors, more powerful engines, better transmission), the older ones are fine. I should know, my previous Charger was an '06 Daytona.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Give us the walk around and under hood.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Pittsburgh, Glen! The '06 seems to get a lot of respect. The year that (re)started it all. Enjoy the site!

-Eric

Reactions: CerratoCharger

·
Registered
2017 Scat Pack Charger
144 Posts
Welcome from South Texas.
I know nothing about the '06, but there are plenty of people here that do.
First, we need pictures of the car, though. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome from South Texas.
I know nothing about the '06, but there are plenty of people here that do.
First, we need pictures of the car, though. :)
Welcome!

I had an '06 5.7 Daytona for 15 years. During that time I did a few mods and lots of repairs myself, so feel free to ask if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2017 Scat Pack Charger
144 Posts
Welcome!

I had an '06 5.7 Daytona for 15 years. During that time I did a few mods and lots of repairs myself, so feel free to ask if you have any questions.
I don’t have an ‘06, the OP bought an ‘06 and was looking for advice.
I was just saying welcome to him.
(with a caveat that I know nothing about an ‘06)

but, if I get an ‘06…….. 👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don’t have an ‘06, the OP bought an ‘06 and was looking for advice.
I was just saying welcome to him.
(with a caveat that I know nothing about an ‘06)

but, if I get an ‘06…….. 👍
I've got an '06 R/T, ordered brand new. Has 327K miles on it, looks and runs like new, amazing car! Just recently asked on this forum about a tranny problem, ended up changing the fluid & filter, good as new!
Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to this forum. And my car is anything but new. She's an older 06 lx model RT. Hoping to find people still interested and able to share knowledge about that year here. Thanks -Glen
welcome to the site from Santa Barbara Ca. I bought a very used 2006 srt8 and love it . This site is a must to for advise on the older chargers

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Charger RT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got an '06 R/T, ordered brand new. Has 327K miles on it, looks and runs like new, amazing car! Just recently asked on this forum about a tranny problem, ended up changing the fluid & filter, good as new!
Good luck with yours!
That's amazing! I've never heard of these cars lasting that long. I would place my bet on your cars success to its' one owner status and routine maintenance being kept up. Well done sir tips hat 👌👏

·
Registered
789 Posts
That's amazing! I've never heard of these cars lasting that long. I would place my bet on your cars success to its' one owner status and routine maintenance being kept up. Well done sir tips hat 👌👏
^^^ X2 on that comment. Well done, indeed!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts