Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, retired here. Dad bought a 66 Dodge Coronet 500 when I was 16, got my drivers license on it. Was that fun. Unfortunately it was totaled in 69, whereas he bought a 69 Charger. Shortly afterwards I left for the Army, did a tour in Vietnam. I've been a marine mechanic over 30 years. My high school car was a 57 DeSoto 2dr my dad sold off when I left.
I've owned around 22 vehicles, mostly some sort of Dodge/Chrysler product. 64 Chrysler 300 sold during divorce. Mostly non descript vehicles just raising a family. Divorced the month of youngest graduation. Worked a few more years and retired, headed to Astoria, Oregon to enjoy recreational fishing. Met an RN at the ER (don't ask) we hit it off and eventually married. In 2015 she had a stroke, she retired early and we moved inland for more quality health care. Right after that her dad passed and we took in her mother, which we had for 5 years. Recently passed. We decided we want to move further South East and get some warmer drier weather.
Have a 2010 Charger, no need for 4 doors so I'm looking at the Smyth UTE/ El Camino conversion, as wife rolls her eyes (she has an Infiniti), then I can sell off my Ram pickup. Less to move.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,494 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western NY. I too am a Mopar enthusiast, having owned Chrysler products exclusively since high school. Among the many vehicles I've owned, was also a '64 Chrysler 300. I'm currently driving a '15 Charger Rallye, having previously owned an '06 Daytona

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome to the Z, from Pittsburgh! Thank you for your service, and enjoy the site!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts