Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my HIDs installed... I went with 6000K. Hope the cops in MD don't bother me.

Question: Does anyone have aftermarket HID housings or did you all just use the OEM housings? If you use the OEM housing, do you get any complaints about blinding oncoming drivers???

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Just got my HIDs installed... I went with 6000K. Hope the cops in MD don't bother me.

Question: Does anyone have aftermarket HID housings or did you all just use the OEM housings? If you use the OEM housing, do you get any complaints about blinding oncoming drivers???
These look great on your ride !!!
I think you should be ok with the 6K's. I prefer the stock housing myself.
What brand did you go with?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These look great on your ride !!!
I think you should be ok with the 6K's. I prefer the stock housing myself.
What brand did you go with?

Thanks... I had to go the poor man's route. They're Xentec's. $36 with a 2 year warranty was right up my alley for now.

·
Registered
733 Posts
So I take it you installed these yourself?
Not a bad price at all.
Well let us know if you have any problems or if they last.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Have 8K HID on high beams, low beams and fogs. Never got any complaints from either other drivers or cops. High beam HID is fun to use when driving on high way at night. lol

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Looks good brah!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I have had 6k and 8k both in OEM housings and have never been hassled by cops or anyone. good work on the upgrade!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Looks good! I have 8k HID in OEM housing. After a slight adjustment they are great and I don't blind oncoming traffic. I have never been pull over by police.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Most people have OEM housing but others have the aftermarket projector housings with HiDs. I have the OEM projector housing with OEM hids and I haven't bothered anyone YET. I think most aftermarket hids bother other drivers because they are much brighter than stock lights. As long as you have them properly adjusted you should be alright and what I mean by that is don't have the bulbs facing too high or you will blind people and they will be flashing you back. Anyway nice find they look BA!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just bought a 6k kit myself off ebay. I paid $37.50 shipped with a lifetime warranty. They look great and I'm glad I went with 6k instead of 8k

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
Looking good. I just got 6K also and I hope the install goes as smooth as yours.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

I have 6k HIDs and live in the MD area. Cops haven't given me hard time while I've had them (knock on wood). I have been flirting with the idea of upgrading to 8k. You'll be fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts