Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these stats from a Car & Driver magazine i picked up today...

Car and Driver announced the Impala as the winner of this comparo but IMO they are absolutely wrong - just check out the performance numbers..

Attachments

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
So what were they comparing?? Who has the less letters in their name

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only areas where the impala was superior were:

Fit and Finish: BS the impala looks like an larger chevy malibu
Interior Styling: More BS - the interior of the impala is boring and bland
Exterior Styling: They must be blind
Price: They tested the impala SS against an SRT fully loaded with the 392 appearance package ($2495), Harmon Kardon Audio ($1495) and Laguna Seca Leather ($1495) - had they tested the impala ss against a regularly optioned SRT, the price differential would have been minimal.

Frankly these articles dont mean much to me - i do enjoy looking at the perormance stats though - Their best runs in the charger happened without the car's launch control and they say required "a careful throttle foot to optimize wheelspin" (4.2 0 to 60!! Nice!!)

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
What did the rest of the article say? Just going by personal experience, I see a lot of Impalas in the right-hand lane, under the command of older drivers, and lump them all together as being retired GM workers, lol. Their driving does not exude confidence in the muscle of their vehicles, nor does it make me want to drive one. Charger drivers, on the other hand, seem to spend a lot of time in the middle and left-hand lanes :Racing:

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
Ofcourse the SS is better, its made by Government Motors, our tax dollars at work :)
Actually the government sold its remaining shares a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
What did the rest of the article say? Just going by personal experience, I see a lot of Impalas in the right-hand lane, under the command of older drivers, and lump them all together as being retired GM workers, lol. Their driving does not exude confidence in the muscle of their vehicles, nor does it make me want to drive one. Charger drivers, on the other hand, seem to spend a lot of time in the middle and left-hand lanes :Racing:
I spen my time on the road in the hammer lane,I also keep my taillights clean cause that's all they r going to see lol!,

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it called the Impala ss or SS ? either or its blah looking IMO.
You're correct - its now called simply "The SS" - which is essentially an updated Pontiac G8 but now under the Chevrolet brand. The impala LTZ is the top of the line version of the impala and is a front wheel drive V6. The "SS" looks almost identical to the impala but is rear wheel drive with the 6.2 V8.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
That C&D article is BS.

C&D razzed the looks of the SS over and over, comparing it to a boring Malibu... and they talk about the Charger's unmatchable swagger.

Exterior Appearance score: 10 for the "Malibu" SS, and 7 for the SRT Charger w/ the 392 exterior package. They clearly got it backwards, and the SS deserved no higher than a 5-6; A LOT of people that were interested in the SS ditched when they saw the boring looks (let alone the inferior power numbers).

I'll also call BS on running a [email protected] in the SS. It weighs more, with less power, and worse gearing than the Camaro SS, but somehow equals the best published times I've seen from a Camaro SS. (I read another review where it ran a 13.5)

BS

Oh, and the kicker, the word on the street is the SS has received such a poor initial reception it can already be had with $3K in hidden incentives.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Isn't there only 2000 slated for sale or some ridiculous low number like that?

People who will read that article, and then get swayed by what it says are going to be bummed when they cannot buy one anyways.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Car & Driver as well as Motor Trend/Truck Trend are not very MOPAR friendly.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
is the article on the C&D websight?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts