Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just joined in hopes someone could help me figure out what's wrong with my 2007 Dodge Charger. It recently started giving me starting problems where it would start once, then the check engine symbol and lightning bolt symbol would come on, then it wouldnt "catch" when starting but it tries! I realized my coolant was almost empty so I added some but just 1.89 litres and I think I could use some more. It blows cold air then would warm up after I started driving. It seemed to run and start fine after adding some coolant but is starting to act up again. It did stall once while idling at stop light. Also while driving I could hear what sounded like a fan banging. Any information would really be appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
There should be some diagnostic codes logged for the check engine light & lightning bolt symbol. The lightning bolt symbol is the electronic throttle control (ETC) light. Plug a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car's OBD2 port and scan for the codes. Check the front of the engine and radiator fan. The fan may be loose or have damaged/missing blades. Check the serpentine belt and pulleys for any loose/wobbly parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts