Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got home with a new PB and was thrilled about it.....

I beat my previous everything........

60' 1.532
1/8 6.951
1/8 MPH 99.35
1/4 10.849
1/4 MPH 126.61

This was on 93 pump gas on nitrous tune...........

Scott from BT was out there and gave me some advice on Tire PSI (Which at the time I thought he was crazy until I did it) and it helped shave about a tenth off my 60' time......

I backed her up with a 10.883

I talked to RobSrt who suggested to run C16 octane which might allow me to pull no timing whatsoever and maybe shave another .2 off my time.....

but I wont have time for that. The car is getting dropped off tomorrow for about a month of surgery mods

Lisa too video Im sure she will post but the awesome news was the turnout.... there must have been around 12 to 13 mopars out there which normally there are 2 or 3 including me......

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
That's awesome Dan. :TU: Looks like you're really starting to get her dialed in. I know I ain't said much but I just been watching :D Getting her tubbed are ya ???

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the cage is going in but not sure about the tubbing yet......... I dont have the funds for a new 8.8 rear so its something we will have to look at down the road

·
H-D 883 IRON
12,781 Posts
It all takes time my friend. After all we don't all have 'Big Daddy' Garlits $$$$$ :TU:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wow, thats an awesome time, supercar territory.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congrats! It was nice to some Mopars showing up at the track. That's the biggest turnout I've seen in a long time. It was a good night for personal bests.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just got home and got the stuff out of the car....

Agreed...it was a good night. Hot and humid...which did not help but I was able to get a personal best on two fronts thanks to a little help from Dan... I cracked the 2 sec 60' time with a 1.969 s. I was also able to get into the 12s club with a 12.894.

Great to see the Mopars out in force! Maybe I can muster up something for Miami one night...

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
BADASS brother!!!!!

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats! It was nice to some Mopars showing up at the track. That's the biggest turnout I've seen in a long time. It was a good night for personal bests.

Yeah, Biggest Mopar Turnout I have even see at the track too!

And Big Congrats to you Rob, Rob last night broke the 6.1L power adder Record with a 10.29 pass...... I believe in a 350 shot:TU: Big ups to you man

But at one point, Rob did play with his nitrous jets and fuel..... he went rich and gave me a chance to beat him but I still could not do it..... The middle time slip is when I raced Rob

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hell yeah man....thats fast:TU: Nice runs

·
Registered
406 Posts
yep good turnout. congrats to Rob and Dan for new PBs.

10.29 in an almost full weight 6.1L Magnum is just awsome

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
Congrat's Dan! That is one fast beast! :O I'm sure you are going to make her even faster! :TU:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
That's an Outrageous time Dan. Congrats to you on that.

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts!
4,974 Posts
Nice job Dan, that should put you into the top 20 fastest LX cars, or very close to it. I think someone needs to start a "real" central timeslip database so that everyone can post up their times in one place regardless of forum membership.

Congrats to Rob as well, nice run buddy!

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice job Dan, that should put you into the top 20 fastest LX cars, or very close to it. I think someone needs to start a "real" central timeslip datatbase so that everyone can post up their times in one place regardless of forum membership.

Congrats to Rob as well, nice run buddy!

Well, I can post it here in the garage and I do post up on dragtimes.com

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Nice times D. Whats PB? Peanut Butter? Lol... Naw seriously. And also what was the PSI advice that he gave you?

Just got home with a new PB and was thrilled about it.....

I beat my previous everything........

60' 1.532
1/8 6.951
1/8 MPH 99.35
1/4 10.849
1/4 MPH 126.61

This was on 93 pump gas on nitrous tune...........

Scott from BT was out there and gave me some advice on Tire PSI (Which at the time I thought he was crazy until I did it) and it helped shave about a tenth off my 60' time......

I talked to RobSrt who suggested to run C16 octane which might allow me to pull no timing whatsoever and maybe shave another .2 off my time.....

but I wont have time for that. The car is getting dropped off tomorrow for about a month of surgery mods

Lisa too video Im sure she will post but the awesome news was the turnout.... there must have been around 12 to 13 mopars out there which normally there are 2 or 3 including me......

·
9 Second Club
32,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice times D. Whats PB? Peanut Butter? Lol... Naw seriously. And also what was the PSI advice that he gave you?

PB=Personal Best

The Advice I was given was air Pressure. With Slicks, I think most people want to go real low on PSI...... I usually started @ 19PSI and would go lower all the way to about 14PSI....

Well, Scott @ BT told me to try 26PSI. At first I thought he was trying to kill me but he told me to try 26PSI with a smaller burnout.....

I did that and shaved close to .1 off my 60ft times .... I went from about 1.63 to about 1.53-1.54

1 - 20 of 27 Posts