New Respect for 3.6 owners

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger General Discussion' started by Stevens12, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Stevens12

Stevens12 Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger SRT8
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Billet Metallic
    So this weekend, on a whim, my wife and I looked at a 2015 SXT AWD fully loaded. It had pretty much every option. The 8-speed attached to the 3.6L motor is the perfect combination. Plenty of power to be had at almost any speed. I was very impressed. I have a custom workbench in my garage and the Charger is 9" longer than the 2016 Dodge Journey I have parked there now. It's just enough room that now I have enough room to walk around the front of the Journey with the garage door down where the charger would leave me no room to walk around. If I had the room and was willing to change my work bench, I would be a house with 2 chargers in the garage. The price was right too.

Super nice car! In some ways I'm glad it didn't work out because the Dodge Journey I have now is super nice for 7 passengers, Taking the dog places, pulling my utility trailer, picking up "stuff" from Lowes or home depot.. but dang, I priced a hitch, checked insurance and it would have done most of what I need with the exception of 7 passengers. I even started making a list of things to do to it if I got it.. lol

Probably a good idea it didn't fit as good in the garage haha. It's kinda ghetto to pull a utility trailer with a charger isn't it ... haha

mofogo likes this.
  2. mofogo

mofogo Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    So far I'm loving my 2017 Rallye. Like you stated, plenty of power, plus 30+ MPG on the highway.

3. B4TD4D

B4TD4D Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Wow I never would've thought the Charger was longer lol. I do miss the MPG's from my SXT that's for sure, and 87 octane lol

4. Stevens12

Stevens12 Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger SRT8
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Billet Metallic
    Yep, the charger is a pretty large sedan.

2016 Dodge Journey
    192″ L x 72″ W x 67″ H

2015 Dodge Charger
    201″ L x 75″ W x 58″ H

5. atomicfins

atomicfins New Member

Vehicle:
    '18 Charger R/T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    R/T
    I have an R/T now, but I still miss my 2012 v6 with the 8 speed. I miss the deep bellow that I'd hear from the engine area with the intake I had on it. Had a very distinct sound to it which I loved, along with the great mpg. One thing I appreciated was that you could take advantage of the whole power band during normal driving in town, and passing and merging on the highways.

I also was amazed that I was able to fit bedroom doors through the trunk with the seats down and still be able to close the trunk, that was amazing! Seems like the only thing that defeats the Charger's size is awkwardly sized boxes that come within an inch of being able to fit in the back seat or trunk opening. Makes me wish the rear was more of a fastback/liftback like the new Stinger. Or if they made the Magnum again! ;)

mofogo likes this.
  6. BobCollette

BobCollette Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    I agree with all the comments. My previous Charger was an '06 Daytona. When I decided to custom order a new '15 Charger, I was torn between the V6 and the Hemi. Fortunately, new for '15 was the Rallye model which had the economy of the V6 with similar suspension to the R/T (I appreciate good handling). I ordered the car without having ever driven a '15 Charger (my small, local dealership didn't have any Chargers in stock). When the car came in, I was very impressed with the vehicle. The performance was MUCH closer to the old Hemi/5-speed than I ever imagined, and the gas mileage is fantastic. My long term (20K miles) average is ~27mpg, and in the summer, I get 34+ on the expressway. I haven't had my car back to the dealer once for any problems. Twice I've had the opportunity to drive it a few laps around the 3.4 mile road course at Watkins Glen International racetrack. The car has done very well there, generally keeping up with Corvettes and other sporty cars. The 3.6 V6/8-speed is a winning combination in my book!

7. mofogo

mofogo Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2017
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    I had a 2013 Charger R/T, 2009 and 2011 Challenger R/T's, 2016 Scat Pack Challenger, plus 2012 and now 2017 5.7 RCSB Ram 1500's. Plus numerous (all Mopars) old and new over the years. All were unique in their own right, and I enjoyed them all. Since purchasing my 2017 Rallye last November, I don't have any complaints. All-around, I'm more than happy with it.

8. BigJuice55

BigJuice55 100k Mile Club Moderator MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Blacktop
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    Rallye
    Color?:
    Bright Silver
    Yeah, it feels like it's a tight fit with my car in my two car garage....by itself..lol

9. Stevens12

Stevens12 Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger SRT8
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Billet Metallic
    Damnit, I'm still considering it.. I could modify my work bench so the car fits .. but i don't really need a second charger.. once summer hits, I'll be back in the SRT and maybe this itch will go away.. haha

mofogo likes this.