Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retired Seabee have MB and Cj2 Willys and a 2013 Dodge Charger. My charger at nite leaves the round gauge lights on for 20 to 30 minutes ? Anyone else experience this ?

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,564 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
My charger at nite leaves the round gauge lights on for 20 to 30 minutes ?
If the ignition switch is left in the ACC or RUN (engine not running) position and the transmission is in PARK, the system will automatically time out after 30 minutes of inactivity and the ignition will switch to the OFF position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
I had to replace the main battery as they said it was defective. Seems to work correctly now.
What is the 2nd small battery for ? Nothing in owners manual ?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh! Sorry, I have no clue about the battery question.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
What is the 2nd small battery for ?
The only batteries I'm aware of are the main battery (trunk), the key FOB batteries and the tire pressure sensor batteries. Only the main and key FOB batteries are replaceable. Tire pressure sensor has to be replaced if the battery needs replacing.
There is the Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS) that is mounted directly on the main battery’s negative post. The IBS measures, calculates and reports battery voltage, current, temperature, state of charge and other parameters.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Atlanta!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey!
Need help My 2008 Charger started having issues out of nowhere! Drove it all morning parked it & then later on wouldnt start at all!!! Try canle jumping & nothing! Tried checking the battery and replacing with new one & nothing. Car is completely dead!!!! No lights come on or radio, only a red blinking small light come one when i put the control key inside, i had my mechanic checked it and he even says he tryed checking alternator and alternator is in good conditions & hes in loss of words that dosent know what else to check, he tried doing 5 different keys to check whats wrong that maybe that could be the issue and he said nop that it didnt solve the problem! Its been 4 months and i need my car back ASAP anyone help!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts