Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2018 Charger GT AWD. I currently have a Mopar short cold air intake installed and am waiting for my Borla S-Type Cat-Back exhaust to come in. Any suggestions on what other mods I can do to make it faster? I was thinking of putting in anti-sway bars and a strut tower in the front to make cornering better. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western NY and congrats on the new GT. I believe that our Chargers already have anti-sway bars, although a larger diameter bar may help. A strut brace should help somewhat. I think my Rallye handles quite well. I've driven it around the Watkins Glen road course several times and I've been able to keep up with Corvettes in the corners (they lose me on the straights).

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Atlanta!!!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Welcome to the site from Pa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum from Western NY and congrats on the new GT. I believe that our Chargers already have anti-sway bars, although a larger diameter bar may help. A strut brace should help somewhat. I think my Rallye handles quite well. I've driven it around the Watkins Glen road course several times and I've been able to keep up with Corvettes in the corners (they lose me on the straights).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do not believe mine does, because she def likes to roll when I take a curve at high speed. I also have sport mode and track mode options available with a push of a button. Does the Rallye have those options?
I was thinking of possibly getting a programmer to get the most out of the engine. Any suggestions on brand and/or type to get?

Thanks for welcoming me to all.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I believe that all SXT's have front & rear anti-sway bars. On another forum, one member measured the diameters and stated they were 29mm front, and 17mm rear. What is unclear is whether the Rallye uses different bars or not. FWIW, my Rallye build sheet and window sticker both show "sport suspension". My car does have a SPORT button, which changes the throttle & transmission response and changes the ESP response. To my knowledge, I don't have any track mode options.

On the Dodge website, they say this about the 2019 Charger suspension:

PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION
This suspension upgrade is standard on Charger GT and R/T. It includes springs, sway bars and Bilstein® high-performance shock absorbers. Lowered half an inch, it works in tandem with steering calibrations for sportier handling and an enhanced driving experience.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,563 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts