Dodge Charger Forum banner

Are you in highschool?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To just clear up some of the stuff so that we dont just have the repeated questions that I have seen on here. (yes, I know I have done them to). This is my research on here. Let me just say No your V6 doesn't have 707 hp. LOL. (If any of you have found one message me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) It's not a hellcat. If your new to this forum and wondering what to do with your car. This post is for you.
The v8 group:
Pretty much anything is possible with your engine they pretty much have an endless supply of parts but here are just a few to get y'all started.
What works with your car for hp adders:
Ported Throttle bodies - Just make sure it's not a factory ported unit
Ported upper and lower intake manifold - good for about 8 to 10 hp as dyno tested
Turbos - Yeah, they work but can your engine work with them?
Aggressive crankshaft - If you can find a lightweight one that would be the best.
CAI: Cold air intakes will work but only with a tune
Exhaust: Once again this will work but it should probably have a tune.
What doesn't work:
Throttle body spacers - No they don't work no matter what you have seen.
Spark plugs - As long as you know that they don't add hp. They can give you a better spark though.
Tazer - This does not add hp. It may unlock many other features on your car. Which can be great.
Pedal commander - It adds to your response and the throttle feel.
The v6 group:
Yeah, You know you guys this is the engine that I have done a ton of research on. You can listen to me or you could just not. Doesn't matter to me. I'm just a guy tryna help you with what I know. In the end, if you want a high hp car just buy a v8. But if you wanna stick with the v6 than this is for you.
What works for hp:
RIPP supercharger kit - Yes, It really works and if you dont want to spend 5,800 dont worry there's more
Overkill tuning - If you have an E85 engine overkill supplies bigger injectors that actually work with that. They also supply a tune that you can put on your car yourself that is specifically catered to your engine.
Universal turbo charger - If you can find the right one they work great with your car.
Dyno tune - yes they work, but it is only suggested if you have a highly moded car
Ported throttle body - make sure its not a factory ported unit
Ported upper and lower intake manifolds - dyno tested to add about 5-8 hp to your car
Cai - heavily recommended that you have a tune otherwise this is going to be a waste of money to put in the v6
Exhaust - actually works better than you think if you get the right one. But again needs to be dyno tuned.
Bigger injectors - They will work well with your supercharged or turbocharged car.
What doesn't work:
Spark plugs - no matter how many times your buddy thinks he is right. THEY DONT ADD HP.
TB spacers - no they dont work either
Tazer - unlocks your car doesn't add hp
Forged internals - There forged internals they might help so you can add hp to your car but they don't themselves add hp.
Stickers - No 1 sticker does not add 5+ hp. That's a joke.........don't take that one srsly please. I have met way to many kids in highschool Saying they "Love cars" and yet there Honda civic has so many stickers because they believe this is actually true.
THE BIG WANG THANG - DO NOT GET A BIG WING. Number 1. your not a race car. Number 2. They look so dumb. Number 3. if anything they decrease hp. (You would not believe how many kids at my highschool also think that this works on there honda civics. They go up to a girl be like " yeah, You see that honda civic? That's mine 400 hp. BECAUSE HRRR DURR IT HAS A BIG WANG!")
Rims - Could be saving you weight. But there not adding hp.
For all y'all v6 and v8
Want some cheap mods?
Keep your car tuned up - How does this add hp? Well maybe it doesn't maybe it does. But if you keep your car tuned up that's extra insurance that you car wont turn into corn flakes.
New gauges - This may not be exactly a you know jarring thing to do to your car but it can make your car look just a little bit better.
Shift knob - Wanting to scratch that modding itch? This is the perfect way to do it. You use it every time your in your car. And it makes your interior look a bit better.
Speakers - Depending on the type and quality of your speakers they can be really cheap or really expensive you decide the route that you wanna go with that. JUST DON'T BE THAT GUY AT THE CAR MEETS OR THE HIGHSCHOOL PARKING LOT THAT CRANKS IT UP SUPER LOUD TO GET YOUR CAR NOTICED!!! IT MAKES YOU LOOK DUMB!
Spark plugs - No they don't add hp. But you can keep your car running better for about 40 bucks.
Weight reduction - here are some tips:
Carbon fiber parts
Aluminum parts
Throwing your gf out the door
Throwing your kids out the door
Rear seat delete
Racing seats
Among many many other things.
If you have any more to add to any of these entries please message me. I will be glad to have some help from the whole community to make this post as accurate as possible. (And maybe as stupid funny as we can muster.)

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
To just clear up some of the stuff so that we dont just have the repeated questions that I have seen on here. (yes, I know I have done them to). This is my research on here. Let me just say No your V6 doesn't have 707 hp. LOL. (If any of you have found one message me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) It's not a hellcat. If your new to this forum and wondering what to do with your car. This post is for you.
The v8 group:
Pretty much anything is possible with your engine they pretty much have an endless supply of parts but here are just a few to get y'all started.
What works with your car for hp adders:
Ported Throttle bodies - Just make sure it's not a factory ported unit
Ported upper and lower intake manifold - good for about 8 to 10 hp as dyno tested
Turbos - Yeah, they work but can your engine work with them?
Aggressive crankshaft - If you can find a lightweight one that would be the best.
CAI: Cold air intakes will work but only with a tune
Exhaust: Once again this will work but it should probably have a tune.
What doesn't work:
Throttle body spacers - No they don't work no matter what you have seen.
Spark plugs - As long as you know that they don't add hp. They can give you a better spark though.
Tazer - This does not add hp. It may unlock many other features on your car. Which can be great.
Pedal commander - It adds to your response and the throttle feel.
The v6 group:
Yeah, You know you guys this is the engine that I have done a ton of research on. You can listen to me or you could just not. Doesn't matter to me. I'm just a guy tryna help you with what I know. In the end, if you want a high hp car just buy a v8. But if you wanna stick with the v6 than this is for you.
What works for hp:
RIPP supercharger kit - Yes, It really works and if you dont want to spend 5,800 dont worry there's more
Overkill tuning - If you have an E85 engine overkill supplies bigger injectors that actually work with that. They also supply a tune that you can put on your car yourself that is specifically catered to your engine.
Universal turbo charger - If you can find the right one they work great with your car.
Dyno tune - yes they work, but it is only suggested if you have a highly moded car
Ported throttle body - make sure its not a factory ported unit
Ported upper and lower intake manifolds - dyno tested to add about 5-8 hp to your car
Cai - heavily recommended that you have a tune otherwise this is going to be a waste of money to put in the v6
Exhaust - actually works better than you think if you get the right one. But again needs to be dyno tuned.
Bigger injectors - They will work well with your supercharged or turbocharged car.
What doesn't work:
Spark plugs - no matter how many times your buddy thinks he is right. THEY DONT ADD HP.
TB spacers - no they dont work either
Tazer - unlocks your car doesn't add hp
Forged internals - There forged internals they might help so you can add hp to your car but they don't themselves add hp.
Stickers - No 1 sticker does not add 5+ hp. That's a joke.........don't take that one srsly please. I have met way to many kids in highschool Saying they "Love cars" and yet there Honda civic has so many stickers because they believe this is actually true.
THE BIG WANG THANG - DO NOT GET A BIG WING. Number 1. your not a race car. Number 2. They look so dumb. Number 3. if anything they decrease hp. (You would not believe how many kids at my highschool also think that this works on there honda civics. They go up to a girl be like " yeah, You see that honda civic? That's mine 400 hp. BECAUSE HRRR DURR IT HAS A BIG WANG!")
Rims - Could be saving you weight. But there not adding hp.
For all y'all v6 and v8
Want some cheap mods?
Keep your car tuned up - How does this add hp? Well maybe it doesn't maybe it does. But if you keep your car tuned up that's extra insurance that you car wont turn into corn flakes.
New gauges - This may not be exactly a you know jarring thing to do to your car but it can make your car look just a little bit better.
Shift knob - Wanting to scratch that modding itch? This is the perfect way to do it. You use it every time your in your car. And it makes your interior look a bit better.
Speakers - Depending on the type and quality of your speakers they can be really cheap or really expensive you decide the route that you wanna go with that. JUST DON'T BE THAT GUY AT THE CAR MEETS OR THE HIGHSCHOOL PARKING LOT THAT CRANKS IT UP SUPER LOUD TO GET YOUR CAR NOTICED!!! IT MAKES YOU LOOK DUMB!
Spark plugs - No they don't add hp. But you can keep your car running better for about 40 bucks.
Weight reduction - here are some tips:
Carbon fiber parts
Aluminum parts
Throwing your gf out the door
Throwing your kids out the door
Rear seat delete
Racing seats
Among many many other things.
If you have any more to add to any of these entries please message me. I will be glad to have some help from the whole community to make this post as accurate as possible. (And maybe as stupid funny as we can muster.)
So much misinformation, that post needs to be deleted. Anyone that would listen to a 16 year old without a car needs to have their head examined.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So much misinformation, that post needs to be deleted. Anyone that would listen to a 16 year old without a car needs to have their head examined.
Wow. Your hilarous. Just because i'm 16 doesn't mean that im a dumb ass. And which of it is "Misinformation?"

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See if you cant even tell me. Than obviously there's no misinformation. You just don't like that it's coming from me.

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
See if you cant even tell me. Than obviously there's no misinformation. You just don't like that it's coming from me.
No it is not worth the effort. You have no actual experience with any of this other than what you have read on the internet. Maybe if you put as much effort into working for a car you would actually have one instead of trolling

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it is not worth the effort. You have no actual experience with any of this other than what you have read on the internet. Maybe if you put as much effort into working for a car you would actually have one instead of trolling
I'm working on it. I haven't found the one yet. I'll know when its the one. It's not trolling. You don't know my life

·
Registered
208 Posts
I really enjoy, and I mean almost fudged the ole huggies, that The poll question, and I quote, “How many of you are in high school?” And, this is what got me, the only options are yes or no! Not a number! Just yes or no! Next time I get asked by anyone “How many X would you like?” I’m just gonna say “Yes”.
Bank teller: How many dollars would you like to withdraw?
Me: Yes
I’m really gonna do this. I can’t wait.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Any post this lengthy about mods should certainly include a table that tells which badges/ accessories add how many hp. For instance, it is well-documented that my R/T throwback grille badge is good for +5 whp. A "Mopar or no car" bumper sticker adds 8 whp, but pay the extra $$ and get the +12 whp General Lee orange version. And shipping guards drain away 300 whp. They're the devil.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No. Its my opinion. They don't work they will decrease hp.
And here is proof you have very little understanding on what you are saying.

Adding a wing will not decrease HP in any way. It will add Drag. However when mounted correctly and of quality there are very practical and racing uses for wings on several cars on many sporting events. Where as a consequence of said drag, downforce is typcially applied in helping with ground pressure contact to helpthe car maintain optimum grip.

I suggest you actually own a car, change oil successfully at least ONCE before attempting to tell people a lot of information you have no true understand about.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And here is proof you have very little understanding on what you are saying.

Adding a wing will not decrease HP in any way. It will add Drag. However when mounted correctly and of quality there are very practical and racing uses for wings on several cars on many sporting events. Where as a consequence of said drag, downforce is typcially applied in helping with ground pressure contact to helpthe car maintain optimum grip.

I suggest you actually own a car, change oil successfully at least ONCE before attempting to tell people a lot of information you have no true understand about.
Drag yes......Which in a way decreases hp. Wait what you guys think I haven't worked on cars before???? My job is at an automotive place!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Jiffy lube doesn’t count.

I was talking about your paragraph on big wangs. Wangs. Nobody?
I saw where you were going with the wang. I tried hard not to laugh, but it was hard. So hard... 🤣

1 - 20 of 30 Posts