Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ! New guy on the forum here, I look forward to learning from you guys . I’ve been doing some research on rims and tires on the site and I just wanted to confirm something . I have my 2020 Scat getting delivered on Tuesday. I immediately want to change out the wheels and tires. I live in New York and will be going with a high quality all season tire . I will be daily driving it but won’t be going out in a lot of snow . I just need to be able to drive in the rain without fishtailing at 60 (like I did in my challanger r/t with stock tires ) and travel in a light dusting . It seems the right decision is to go with 275’s up front and 305 in the rear. Going to go with the continental extreme contact dsw06 . Here is my dilemma . I am kind of an idiot and I don’t no how to match the tire size to the car (lol noob) . Anyways I am going with the factory replica demon wheel 20”/9.5”up front and 20”/10.5”. So tire wise , how the hell do I match the tires to the car and rims so I can order this all in one shot and not look like a jackass. Happy Saturday guys, thanks in advance ! (My guess is the front tire is 275 zr40/20 in the front and for the rear would I be doing 305 zr35/20) .

If I am wrong help me please , if you don’t agree with the tires let me know .

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey guys ! New guy on the forum here, I look forward to learning from you guys . I’ve been doing some research on rims and tires on the site and I just wanted to confirm something . I have my 2020 Scat getting delivered on Tuesday. I immediately want to change out the wheels and tires. I live in New York and will be going with a high quality all season tire . I will be daily driving it but won’t be going out in a lot of snow . I just need to be able to drive in the rain without fishtailing at 60 (like I did in my challanger r/t with stock tires ) and travel in a light dusting . It seems the right decision is to go with 275’s up front and 305 in the rear. Going to go with the continental extreme contact dsw06 . Here is my dilemma . I am kind of an idiot and I don’t no how to match the tire size to the car (lol noob) . Anyways I am going with the factory replica demon wheel 20”/9.5”up front and 20”/10.5”. So tire wise , how the hell do I match the tires to the car and rims so I can order this all in one shot and not look like a jackass. Happy Saturday guys, thanks in advance ! (My guess is the front tire is 275 zr40/20 in the front and for the rear would I be doing 305 zr35/20) .

If I am wrong help me please , if you don’t agree with the tires let me know .
Getting the same size wheels (20x9.5 & 20x10.5) and same tires (but wider in the rear). Just ask for: 275/40/20 and 305/35/20 and you’ll be fine. You can fit 315/35/20 on there out back if you wanted...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ok and do I need a spacer to do that or do they mount directly with no rub?
What are the offsets of those you’re getting? These that I just bought are +18 and +25 and no spacer needed. Supposedly the rear won’t rub on my R/T but I have no idea about the Scat.

·
Registered
229 Posts
For those I am not sure those offsets will work without spacers. I’m hoping a Scat/SRT owner will chime in.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think 18 and 25 offsets are correct and as far as rubbing goes it only happens with the 315 flavors and you may or may not need a 3mm hub centric spacer for the rears only. What will determine this is simply the tire you get. Different manufacturers make a 315 different widths. I know that makes the standardization of size well not standard, but that's how they do it. Goodyear's are generally a little wider than others the Conti and nittos have a reputation of running a little skinnier. It just depends, a 3mm hub centric spacer is perfectly fine should it be needed. Remember it's only a concern with the 315. I think you might have to knock down a rib or two in the fender well under the plastic to fit the 315 as well. The 305 is a an easier fit but the profiles for the 305 don't jive with the 275 fronts... So, I'll go the extra effort to match up profiles with the 315 and 275 combo... Just my .02, again... Lol

·
Registered
494 Posts
I disagree wholeheartedly on the tire widths. Those will be worthless in any amount of snow, especially trying to stop and turn on 275's. NY average is 30"/year, so you will see a lot more than a dusting at times. A decent AS tire, like we have, is even borderline in a few inches of snow, for a narrow 245, let alone a wider 275 up front. The Goodyear RS-A2 is very good, but not a winter tire. You'll spend a lot of money, and end up with neither sticky summer tires, or a good winter setup. What is your goal in doing all of this? We need to define the problem first, then a solution to that. As an UBER driver, I have tried several types of tires in dry/wet/snowy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't disagree, awful wide for snow, that changes the whole dynamic really. Op would have to be very choosey about when he drove it. There is no magic tire setup that will do everything great there will be compromise somewhere... DWS will be middle of the road and do both things your asking for decently but not great as will anything you put in there. Hard to do two things with one tire... You keeping your old rims? Two sets winter and summer, then you're on to something and you may can do two things much better...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys . Thank you all for the feed back . I guess I did leave a lot of info out . At first the goal was to get a tire that did everything good , I don’t need an amazing wheel off the line because I will just be cruising in the car. It doesn’t have to be able to handle 6” of snow or more etc. my main concern was being able to handle rain , light snow say under 3” and being able to turn the car without the fear of death lol. I had stock tires on my challanger r/t black top and it was downright scary in there. So again it Doesn't have to be the best at anything because obviously like you guys said there is no one size fits all to make it superior at everything . So essentially I wanted a tire that gave the car a mean stance on demo rep wheels, I want to be able to drive on highway with the family and not have to worry in the rain, and to be able to make it home in the snow if it starts snowing . Now , on the other hand my dads friend just offered me a set of dedicated snow tires that fit my car for 400$ (for the whole set ) he has 2,000 miles on them and I can mount my stock wheels on them and have a dedicated winter tire . I think doing this would be the smarter plus every forum I read into on here said it makes sense living in the north east. Then I guess that would steer me away from getting the conti’s and getting something different size and brand wise to mount on demo reps.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just switch to the sports or your preference summer tire and make sure it's a warm day... I think you're onto it now, 😉...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys are the best , thank you for saving me from myself ! I Appreciate all the help !

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I totally agree with your final decision. I had Michelin all-seasons on my '06 Daytona, and it was scary in the snow or heavy rain. When those tires wore out, I purchased a different brand of all-season tires, and they were slightly better, but not great. When I got my '15 Rallye, I purchased 4 Blizzak WS80's and cheap alloy wheels. I'm running Firestone Indy 500 tires (high performance summer) on the car now and they handle better than the Firestone Firehawk GT's (all season) that came on the car. I've driven my Rallye several times on the Watkins Glen road course and I can feel the difference in the handling. The Blizzaks on the car handle winter weather very well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would these fit a conti DSW 06 275 Size tire? Not sure if i needed the 9.5 for 275 tire

Shopping Cart. With the discount you can get the year warranty for 750 something

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They’re sold out ,They’re much cheaper on there though . Other issue is I am doing. A satin wrap on the car and all they have is matte and my ocd will get the best of me . Thank you for the input .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts