Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon Mopar fam,

new owner of a 2020 R/T here and had a question that I searched for and didn’t see. I previously had a 2016 R/T and replaced the mid mufflers with some flowmaster super 44’s and deleted the resonators....sound was exactly what I wanted but the drone was predictably bad. My question is, would leaving the factory resonators and replacing the mid mufflers still sound noticeably better than the factory? The active exhaust from the factory sounds pretty damn good but I’d still like a little deeper sound if possible. Sorry for the long post!

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,116 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

Reactions: Jwag210tx

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome from Pittsburgh!

Reactions: Jwag210tx

·
Registered
713 Posts
Good afternoon Mopar fam,

new owner of a 2020 R/T here and had a question that I searched for and didn’t see. I previously had a 2016 R/T and replaced the mid mufflers with some flowmaster super 44’s and deleted the resonators....sound was exactly what I wanted but the drone was predictably bad. My question is, would leaving the factory resonators and replacing the mid mufflers still sound noticeably better than the factory? The active exhaust from the factory sounds pretty damn good but I’d still like a little deeper sound if possible. Sorry for the long post!
On my 2019 RT I replaced the mufflers with the dynomax 3" mini race bullets and left the resonators on. Total cost was $100.00 installed and I'm 100% happy with the results. My only other change was adding carven 5" tips.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On my 2019 RT I replaced the mufflers with the dynomax 3" mini race bullets and left the resonators on. Total cost was $100.00 installed and I'm 100% happy with the results. My only other change was adding carven 5" tips.
That’s exactly what I was shooting for. I just ordered the carven 5 inch tips and was thinking about some slp loudmouth 2 bullet mufflers to replace the stock suitcase and leaving resonators on as well. Just looking for a little deeper sound but nothing too crazy drone wise

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm totally pleased with the mini race bullets, and at like $25.00 each they're a real bargain. I don't know how the SLP's sound, but the bullets to me are perfect. They're really loud at cold start, sound almost stock during highway cruising, and really come alive any time you touch the gas pedal. And if there is any drone, I can't tell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts