Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 2007 Dodge Charger and there is no cabin air filter and no slot to put one in? Is this just me?

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Well you can take it on yourself, I had this saved as a favorite on my computer from another forum to do on my 08, but never got around to it. May still do it when my son takes the car

1. Installing a cabin fresh air assembly

This is for most of us that didn't get to add this when we bought our cars new. Here is the complete assembly i got through Mopar Super Center:

I only used the part that actually holds the filter:

Here is the part #:

Tools used for the install: 1/4" & 3/8" ratchets w/short extension,10mm,13mm,15mm sockets, assorted standard screwdrivers,blue painters tape & utility knife(optional)

So lets get started.
    First remove the 2 pins that cover the ECM located on passenger side of engine compartment.

Next remove foam piece just under hood strut:

Next remove the push pins that hold down the long plastic cowl:

2. Continued....

Also remove smaller push pins holding the rubber ends on cowl:

Then with a utility knife or small screwdriver pop off the cover to the nut that holds the wiper arm. Use a 15mm socket to remove the nut:

Now before you remove the wiper arm use some of that blue painters tape for reference marks when you re-install the wiper arm (Do this on both sides):

Now you can pull on cowl and set aside. It's only held in by a few clips that snap in:

3. Now with a ratchet and 13mm socket to loosen both bolts that hold the ECM & support

With that out of the way. Use a 1/4"ratchet w/10mm socket and remove the 2 nuts holding the cabin air assembly:

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
  1. Once the bolts are removed remove the ECM out of the way so you have more room to work with when pulling out the old piece and installing the new:

With that out of the way. Use a 1/4"ratchet w/10mm socket and remove the 2 nuts holding the cabin air assembly:

Now its gonna take a little effort to remove the old piece:

Now its time to install the cabin air filter holder - Make sure the lower tab slides in for a good seal.

2. We are almost finish!
    Now make sure the new assembly slides flush against the firewall then adjust the assembly so it goes over the threaded bolts:

Re-attatch everything in the reverse order and your done:

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The new ones take about 30 seconds to change. Big difference obviously haha.

Reactions: TM C-dray

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Yeah, wasn't standard on all of them and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason. My 05 Magnum R/T came with one, my 06 Charger R/T didn't (so added it).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you this helped so much, I bought the car and the air vents smelt like ass and when I went to change the cabin air filter I couldn’t find it, stupid design but I love the car so it’s all good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts