Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought a 2016 a few weeks ago hit in the front on passenger side whole rear left axel popped out snatching break line in rear. Every time I got to start it tells me to apply brake an when I do I receive same message

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Which warning lights are On? If the rear brake line and sensors are damaged there's probably some codes logged. Plug a OBD2/CAN scanner (one that can read ABS codes) and see which codes are logged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which warning lights are On? If the rear brake line and sensors are damaged there's probably some codes logged. Plug a OBD2/CAN scanner (one that can read ABS codes) and see which codes are logged.
Ok so that could stop it from starting? Another guy just told me the brake switch!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
In these newer cars there's a lot of computers & sensors and they're all connected to communications networks. If any of these critical components are not functional (defective, not connected, etc...) the powertrain control module (PCM) can decide to keep the car from starting.
Since the car took a hit at the rear of the car I would also check the fuses & relays in the trunk (fuse box by the battery). The "Ignition Run" relay is in the rear fuse box.
May as well check the front fuse box (engine bay) fuses & relays too. ABS fuses, etc... are located in the front fuse box. Some of them may have blown if the rear sensors were damaged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m going to check the brake switch today as well as other fuses. There wasn’t any body damage to the back I believe the rim hit a curb an come off

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I check the brake switch it was hooked up an the fuses were good in the back. I have to go over the front again with a fuse light

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I unhooked the battery for a moment an now it’s acting like it barely reading the fob an a red security light comes on the dash

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Have you had the battery load tested? If the battery level gets too low, or has a shorted cell, the electronics in the car will act up and the car's security may arm itself. The red flashing light indicates the security system is armed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just throwing this out there.

It sounds like you've not enough juice to start it.

Could be a coincidence thing and the battery is bad and the car sat a little bit. Thus a battery withoit enough ass to start the car.

Also...
I've seen cars take a hard enough impact the battery actually breaks internally.

Put a jumper pack on it or jumper cables and see what happens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts