Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many months of working with my dealership Service Manager, and the technical staff of Dodge/Detroit, it has been determined that there is no software update for the UConnect GPS system in this vehicle. I suspect that this may be the case for many more 2017 models, Dodge/Detroit did acknowledge that this information is true. In the long run they have offered me 12 free oil/filter changes and 12 free tire rotations. All this service has to be completed in 3 years. I don't put many miles on my Dodge, so now I am getting my oil changed every 3000 miles. I will be checking to see if the 2016 or 2018 UConnect system will fit in and operate properly in my vehicle. I really think a class action suit should be be brought against Dodge. What it boils down to is that the GPS will never be updated. With all the construction that is going on, I find this unacceptable. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had to buy the update from H.E.R.E. for my '17 Jeep G/C.
If you go on the driveuconnect.com website it lists updates you can buy for all '17 FCA vehicles except the 300,charger,challenger, and Jeep Compass.Strange.

·
Registered
107 Posts
After many months of working with my dealership Service Manager, and the technical staff of Dodge/Detroit, it has been determined that there is no software update for the UConnect GPS system in this vehicle. I suspect that this may be the case for many more 2017 models, Dodge/Detroit did acknowledge that this information is true. In the long run they have offered me 12 free oil/filter changes and 12 free tire rotations. All this service has to be completed in 3 years. I don't put many miles on my Dodge, so now I am getting my oil changed every 3000 miles. I will be checking to see if the 2016 or 2018 UConnect system will fit in and operate properly in my vehicle. I really think a class action suit should be be brought against Dodge. What it boils down to is that the GPS will never be updated. With all the construction that is going on, I find this unacceptable. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks
Hi,
I'm very sorry to hear this. Is the concern the functionality of your GPS, or how up to date your navigation system is?

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had extensive talks with HERE re map update software for the 2017 Dodge Charger SXT. It doesn't exist anywhere. The GPS system does work, but the original map software that came with the vehicle software is probably 2 or 3 years old. It can't be relied on in it's present form. I now have to use a backup Garmin GPS or my phone.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had extensive talks with HERE re map update software for the 2017 Dodge Charger SXT. It doesn't exist anywhere. The GPS system does work, but the original map software that came with the vehicle software is probably 2 or 3 years old. It can't be relied on in it's present form. I now have to use a backup Garmin GPS or my phone.
I'm sorry to hear this. I apologize that HERE was unable to assist you. I would be happy to open a case for you and document your concerns. Please let me know if that's something you'd like.

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
16 Posts
Google maps updates for free. That's what the engineers were thinking. Most people will just use their phones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts