·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
945 Posts
This is a tough one.

Even if you accept that article at face value and it's possible to do that...say, with wiTech...that kind of mod is a potential legal minefield.

If you're injured in a collision due to an airbag malfunction, you'll have a hell of a time collecting from anybody.

God forbid someone else is driving your car and is injured. I wonder if your auto policy mentions modifications to safety systems. You could be on the hook for all the liability yourself.

Incidentally, no licensed repairer in his right mind is going to do this mod for you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never considered this... I will retract this mod from my list.

Having been in Head-on collision in May, my Tibia was crushed by the forces involved. I cannot attribute the injury entirely to Knee Bags, but it seems more than coincidental. I now have 2lbs of stainless 416 in my leg and recovery is very slow. Week 14.

This my motivation... i replaced my 2013 Road and Track with virtually the same as original. My passengers quipped that while mowing down fence posts after impact, I was heard whining...”but I loved this car”

·
Registered
945 Posts
LOL...that last line sounds like me.

But seriously, sorry to hear about your injury. I appreciate the article, read it with great interest. I just don't know if it's practical to do anything about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts