Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here so not sure if I'm in the right place. I just bought a 2007 Dodge Charger with the 3.5L high output motor in it. VERY nice, clean, car. It runs great with no signs of engine trouble what-so-ever, no codes, zip. With that said, my wife and I went to our local fire station today to have our sons booster seat installed as we couldn't get it latched down tight enough on our own. We pulled in, got out of the car, and talked to the fire fighter about it, and he said to pull it in the bay so he could get it installed for us. I walked back to the car, got in, and "ruuu, ruuu, ruuuh" nothing, wouldn't start. I thought maybe the battery died so we jumped it off the fire fighters truck for about 20 minutes and nothing. Still wouldn't start. I then called my insurance company to get a tow home to work on it there. After waiting for another 10 minutes I decided to give it one last try and it started! I'm at a loss as to why it did this and was this just a fluke or will it happen to me again. The only thing I really noticed was the engine was REALLY hot. I mean, this engine throws so much heat! But as I said, no codes or problems, no overheating issue, nothing. Could it be the computer protecting the car while it's really hot or something? Maybe the TPS is dirty or something? I dunno, I'm just really kinda looking for you guys to throw out some ideas so I have a starting point to look for a possible issue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts