Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at getting a new exhaust for my 3.6 and from what I've heard; drone can be relatively eliminated by getting tips.

My question is, is there a rear valence with round openings for non-SRT bumpers? And if not, what is a good tip to match the openings on the stock if I remove the chrome openings?

Thanks!

·
Registered
759 Posts
You could go with a Pursuit valance.

But if it's not too late, a better option would be to leave your stock resonators in place. On a V-6, they're pretty much just straight through anyway, unlike R/T resonators. They do a great job of eliminating drone but add very little restriction.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could go with a Pursuit valance.

But if it's not too late, a better option would be to leave your stock resonators in place. On a V-6, they're pretty much just straight through anyway, unlike R/T resonators. They do a great job of eliminating drone but add very little restriction.
I would but from what I've read they don't fit the 11-14 bumpers properly. Am I wrong in this?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Do you happen to have a part number for those? And any pics by chance? Thanks!
The ones I posted above are ebay 201024636383. You'll have to measure your pipe to determine if these are the correct ones for you. They come in different sizes, check their other items. I don't have any pics. of them installed, but I did post them on the forum back when I did the install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is that the original valance on the back of that Charger? I've been wanting to do that with mine. I wish they would have done it right to begin with by just putting chrome exhaust tips out the back instead of fake ones.....

·
Registered
758 Posts
Is that the original valance on the back of that Charger? I've been wanting to do that with mine. I wish they would have done it right to begin with by just putting chrome exhaust tips out the back instead of fake ones.....
If you mean mine, yes it's the original valance. I had just changed the mufflers to Pypes Race Pros and changed the rear resonators to a small Aero stainless bullet style. The tips then welded directly to the resonators. Exhaust still sounds great with O drone and still looks great. Mine was a 2013 RT, so it's the same as your 2014. I gave this car to my Granddaughter almost 3 years ago with 32,000 miles when she turned 16. It still looks and runs like new, now at 80,000.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts