Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just joined the board yesterday to access information concerning the Charger. I love to research my cars before I buy. Not new to Dodge. Had an 02 Stratus SE+ w/ 2.7L. Great car! Now the wife wants a new car. Looking at an 09 Charger (duh!) 2.7L. As far as I can tell it's a good price, but I want some opinions. Haven't signed the paperwork yet, most likely tomorrow. Anyway, here's the scoop:

2009 Charger
Inferno Red Crystal Pearl (lovely)
32,075 miles
$12,999 OTD (tax and doc fee included)

Just want opinions on if this sounds decent, real good, or "you better buy it fool". Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville, Fl. The price is good for a 2.7L but based on those miles they are high for a car that is only a year old. I would ask are they highway miles? Do they offer an extended warranty?

Reactions: SRTAndy

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
Welcome to the Z. I agree with Keon...can you obtain an extended warranty? Keep us posted. Glad you joined us.

·
Registered
440 Posts
With those miles you have less than 4000 miles of warranty left. But do not buy a service contract from the dealer. They charge double for the same thing you can go online and buy a better contract for. And I hope you don't think that 2.7 is going to move the Charger like it did the stratus without mods. You should be able to buy an 09 3.5 SXT with about 12,000 miles on it for the same money or an R/T for around 25 grand. I wish you the best with what ever you do.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Welcome to the forumz from Canada. Lots of great info and friendly people here. Personally, I would look for an SXT. From what I've heard, the 2.7's are really underpowered for a car this heavy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not all into modding anymore. Just getting older and my modding interests are with my bike. I know it's underpowered, but it's for the wife (for now) anyway. I'll do some later on, when it's closer to pay off. But for now, it's such a sweet ride.

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Jersey. Best of luck with your purchase and keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Jax, FL. Great to have you here. Good Luck!

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Welcome to the Z family from Nashville TN.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Welcome to the Z from KC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We did it. New owners of a 2009 Charger SE! Good deal/rate too. 4.74% for 66 months. Can't complain. Beats repairing my 1999 Grand Am we traded in. You will all be hearing from me more often. Thanks for the encouragement and for the great community.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts