Dodge Charger Forum banner

Normal operating temps and pressure 2013 5.7L hemi

Tags
mr sgf
22K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  djalbin 
#1 ·
I have tried unsuccessfully to find a straight answer to a simple question. Everybody has done some kind of modification to their engine and therefore have different answers. If I bought my car and it is completely stock, what are the normal engine temp, trans temp, oil temp and oil pressure psi numbers. I even went to the dealer today, and their computer was down.

#2 ·
Here's my 2013 with 107,000 miles on it:
•203-206 F degrees on the highway and can get up to 212-215 F in stop and go
•Trans at speed on the highway around 165 or so
•Oil pressure (hot) around 33 psi idle and 53 psi at 60 mph. Goes up to 57 or more psi when I accelerate a little
•I''m not sure about oil temp but seems to me mine is about 212F

#5 ·
Thank you gentlemen for your info. It turns out my oil pressure sending unit was malfunctioning. I had it replaced and my numbers now jive with yours. Attention BilletAG. Do I notice from your screenshot that you have a Billet Silver Daytona? If so, what number of 3000 is yours? I also have a silver Daytona, #13 of 3000. Just bought mine 6 months ago with 20,700 miles, now have 24,500 miles. Have you done any mods to it? My mods are just appearance. Amazing that you have 107,000 miles on it. Hope to chat with you soon.

#11 ·
Hmm, the only reason I asked was because after warmed up at a stoplight or in traffic when in stopped itll sometimes dip to 30 at the very lowest and the rpms will be at about 550. Sometimes its at a solid 32-33, 35 or a bit more nothing concerning except when I was it go as low as 30, dealer said the normal range was between 25 psi and 150+, seems too big of a range in my opinion, but im not a mechanic either.

#13 ·
dealer said the normal range was between 25 psi and 150+, seems too big of a range in my opinion, but I'm not a mechanic either.
5.7L and 6.4L oil pressure spec:
At Normal Operating Temperatures
@ Curb Idle Speed (4 psi minimum)
@ 3K RPM (25 to 110 psi)

#14 ·
To BilletAG Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. As I said before my mods are mostly appearance. First thing I did was remove the DAYTONA stickers from the rear quarters. It gave the car a cleaner look. In their place I added 2017 DAYTONA front grill emblems to the front grill and on the trunk lid next to the R/T emblems. I added stainless door sill plates. Behind the wheels , I added MGP caliper covers in red with DAYTONA printed on them. I had an oil catch can but my wife was very skeptical about its use an so I removed it. I switched to Mobil 1 full synthetic oil and a K&N air filter and E3 spark plugs. That's all for now. Talk to you again!

#15 ·
HI Guys.. I know its bit old post.
I have a Charger SE 2013 8 Speed AT.
i have been using the vehicle from past 4 years but never saw operating temperatures as it was under-dealership warranty (dodge Middle-east).
As i have started having a look on the temps , i feel they are crazy ,
OIL TEMP goes to 215F
TRANS TEMP goes to 205F
COOLANT TEMP goes to 225F.
I mean are these normal ???? please help as dealer's are pretty expensive in this part of the world any out-side garage doesn't knows much about these cars.PLEASE HELP

#16 ·
I don't know about the V6 but those temps are not unusual for the V8 when operating in hot weather. The car's operating temps are also affected by whether you're sitting in traffic or driving at higher speeds on the highway ... both can raise the operating temps. Temps can also raise due to heat-sink. This is when the car has been driven in hot weather and then parked (shut off). When the car is shut off there's nothing to circulate the cooling fluids or run the cooling fans. The heat is absorbed by the metal (e.g. engine block) and fluids. After a few minutes, if you start the car back up, the operating temps will be even higher until the car is driven and cooling begins to reduce the temps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.