Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...new member here, figured I would make my first post carry some weight.
Haven't seen anyone install these on a 2nd Gen Charger.
Recently purchased a fully optioned 2012 Road and Track with Super Track Pack. This is my first modification (other than Mopar slush mats).

Bought these LED foglights during Black Friday: JW Speaker 6145
I purchased the Black finish, but they also have a Chrome finish.

Along with some 5202 pigtail connectors

These LED foglights are very popular in the JK crowd. It was originally intended to be for the JK (to match the 7" LED headlights that JW Speaker makes), but it just so happens that several Chrysler products use the same style foglight.

These mount directly in place of the stock foglights and only require some adaptation to the wiring (or you could cut off the stock connector and hard wire).
Here is a comparison to stock foglight:

As you can see...same mounting bracket and even has the adjuster in same location (easy access through hole in belly pan).

Here are the adapters I made (using pigtails included with each foglight):

I had an issue with one of the 5202 connectors, the foglight was flickering...one of the wires had a cold solder joint.

Before:

After (excuse the dirtiness and snow...):

Hard to get a good picture, but you can distinctly see the three stripes.

Output shots (I forgot to take a picture of the stock foglights):

As you can see....they have extremely good output. :cool:

Next on the list (already purchased) is sequential taillights, 22W LED switchback front turn signals, 80W LED reverse bulbs, and LED interior bulbs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not currently have a daytime shot...I just installed them today after work.
Do you mean an output shot during the day?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I like this a lot. I hate the look of the stock fogs in comparison to the LED headlamps, but don't want to just swap bulbs as melting issues have occurred. I checked out the site, but was unable to find a price.

REPS!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like this a lot. I hate the look of the stock fogs in comparison to the LED headlamps, but don't want to just swap bulbs as melting issues have occurred. I checked out the site, but was unable to find a price.

REPS!
They are not the cheapest lights around...but a lot of engineering goes into the optics of these lights and they are made in Wisconsin :cool:
http://www.kbcarstuff.com/JW-Speaker-Model-6145-p/jws-m6145.htm

Total was about the same price as the sequential tail light kit.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
That is amazing. When I start on the headlights/fogs, these will be on my list for sure.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
looks good bro...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
That price is per BULB, or per SET? The website makes it seem like per bulb, which I just can't justify. But reps for taking the plunge.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
It's not a bulb - it's an entire replacement housing/LED combo. And yes, $190 EACH. Not cheap, but the only other way to get this kind of lighting output would be to retrofit some sort of projector into the housing of the factory fog. If you counted time & material, I'm sure you'd be over $190 each.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts