Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I did the mid muffler delete on my '19 Daytona 392 will it void my warranty? Is there any mods I can do that won't void my warranty. I also wanted to do the oil catch can but didn't know if that would void my warranty as well

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Don't know about the exhaust mod but your catch can will NOT void your warranty. I've had a catch can on my 2015 since new and it has never been an issue when warranty work was needed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
exhaust work will void your exhaust warranty, meaning if your exhaust was to fall off, or your active exhaust was to fail, they can say its because of your mod, again they would have to prove this, i called my dealership and thats what i was told, i say go for both of these mods, they are great, the mid muffs wake the car up and the catch can will keep your engine healty and protected, i have a video on here showing the sound

·
Registered
787 Posts
While under warranty, I upgraded to the Mopar CAI. Since it was Mopar, it's considered OE. At least, that's what the dealership told me. If that's true, maybe you could spend extra coin and get Mopar mods, keeping the warranty intact? But I'm far from an expert here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Guys bolt on mods etc don't and won't void your warranty now if a part fails due to your mod then no it will not be covered some dealerships can be real arses and will tell you misleading info and can refuse to perform warranty work build a relationship with your dealer all will be fine, speaking to you as a service manager for my local FCA dealer

·
Registered
198 Posts
exhaust work will void your exhaust warranty, meaning if your exhaust was to fall off, or your active exhaust was to fail, they can say its because of your mod, again they would have to prove this, i called my dealership and thats what i was told, i say go for both of these mods, they are great, the mid muffs wake the car up and the catch can will keep your engine healty and protected, i have a video on here showing the sound
Isn’t the active exhaust like cut-outs?

I’m going to look at them when our Charger (R/T Plus with Super Trac Pac and others) goes in for the first oil change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts