Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my girlfriend to Salem OR to take her GMAT test with the Charger. After the test we went to Portland and then back to Eugene. It was a 250+ miles round trip on I-5, including 4+ hrs of in-town driving. The whole trip only cost less than half of the tank. When we got back we drove directly to the nearest gas station to check the consumption. As it turns out that the Charger yields an astonishing 27.95 MPG!

The highest my ride used to score was 26MPG when we went on a hiking trip right after I install the CAI. Strangely, it seems that my ride prefers 91 tune compare with 93. With 91 tune I recently installed I got better driving experience and MPG. I am really happy to see that my investment on CAI and Predator definitely pays off!!! The next mod will be a set of dual exhaust. I can't wait to see more gain on HP and MPG.

So for whoever concerning about tuners and CAIs, GO FOR IT. Your money definitely worth it!:box2::box2::box2::box2:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Sounds great brother!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's great news. take that, ricers!!

Smoked a Toyota RAV4 on my home. :D

This guy was in front of me all the time driving 65MPH on the left lane. I mean, come on. 65 on the left lane with little traffic??!!:4-dontknow:
I get close to him and wish at least he would speed up a little bit since we were passing a long line of semi-trucks(at least 10 and I don't like to get jammed in the line of trucks) That guy pays no attention and was still driving 65 or even lower, we can't even pass the end of the truck line. I grew tired of waiting so as soon as I saw a gap on the right lane large enough for me to pass through that SUV I PUNCHED gas. The response of my engine was REALLY sweet!!!!! I cut into the gap between 2 trucks and then zoom in front of that SUV. I flashed my LED tail at that guys face and took off at almost 95mph! That little SUV wants to keep up(at least his engine sounds so) However, I just watched that car becomes smaller and smaller in my rear view. My GF and I had a good laugh over that. We kept going at 95~98 until I started to worry about high way patrol then we slowed down.

Man, with the 91 tune and CAI. Our 3.5 feels like a real BEAST!:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RAV4, highlander, those so called rice SUVs are pretty weak, I was quite shocked that they can't even catch up with a 3.5 charger

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's great to see that kind of mileage.

I have the SE+ with the 3.5 & the 4speed. When I go up north, if I set the cruise at 72-73, I used to get 27.5-28.2 mpgs. As I got to about 75 on the cruise, it dropped to 26-26.5mpgs. 77-78 on the cruise, I was in the 25 to 26 range. That was just with a CAI.

After I added the pypes true dual system, I can't say there is much of a change im mpgs.........however, I have a hard time using the cruise, so I get a bit less. The throttle response got so much more crisp & sounds great upon accelleration, I kinda like driving with my foot again. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
That's awesome bro!! One day I'll get a trinity...one day...

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's great to see that kind of mileage.

I have the SE+ with the 3.5 & the 4speed. When I go up north, if I set the cruise at 72-73, I used to get 27.5-28.2 mpgs. As I got to about 75 on the cruise, it dropped to 26-26.5mpgs. 77-78 on the cruise, I was in the 25 to 26 range. That was just with a CAI.

After I added the pypes true dual system, I can't say there is much of a change im mpgs.........however, I have a hard time using the cruise, so I get a bit less. The throttle response got so much more crisp & sounds great upon accelleration, I kinda like driving with my foot again. :4-dontknow:

I ran my whole trip ~80 that time. The only big con was the tire noise at 80mph. Those cheap continental tires were killing my ears.:shakehead:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
That's proof in the pudding right there! Glad you found the predator to be a great value...that makes it all worth it! And the extra voom voom is nice too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts