Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Got my 2015 scat pack couple months back and it’s been working fine. Got a check engine light and it ran a P219a code. I changed all the sensors thinking it would solve the problem. However, about a week later the check engine light came back on and ran the same code. I got the sensor change again and the check engine light turned off. Less than 24hrs later it came back on. I’m not sure what to look for since I’m both instances it was the same sensor, the first time mechanic said it was cut and the second time it was cracked. Any suggestions?

· Registered
2,371 Posts
Are you using aftermarket O2 sensors or OEM. My experience with Dodge is that OEM is the only way to go when changing O2 sensors. The others work for a short period and then fail.

Never heard of a cut or cracked sensor. I would get an OEM sensor and take it to another mechanic to get put in. They are easy to install yourself if you have the O2 socket and jacks.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Are you using aftermarket O2 sensors or OEM. My experience with Dodge is that OEM is the only way to go when changing O2 sensors. The others work for a short period and then fail.

Never heard of a cut or cracked sensor. I would get an OEM sensor and take it to another mechanic to get put in. They are easy to install yourself if you have the O2 socket and jacks.
Honestly I’m not sure, mechanic had changed them for me and said they were “for the car”. I assumed molar. Could there be any other reason as to why it’s happening? I’m new to the car community and still learning.

· Registered
2,371 Posts
Was it a Dodge mechanic or a Pep Boys type? If not a Dodge mechanic you most likely got aftermarket sensors. Like I said, I would find another mechanic but would go to the Dodge dealership to get the sensor. You supply the part.

You could have a bad connection for the O2 sensor, but you stated the mechanic said the sensor was cut and then cracked. Any auto shop can put a sensor in less than 15 minutes

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it a Dodge mechanic or a Pep Boys type? If not a Dodge mechanic you most likely got aftermarket sensors. Like I said, I would find another mechanic but would go to the Dodge dealership to get the sensor. You supply the part.

You could have a bad connection for the O2 sensor, but you stated the mechanic said the sensor was cut and then cracked. Any auto shop can put a sensor in less than 15 minutes
This reply is long overdue but I figured out the problem.
I took it to the dealership to see if they could find out why the check engine light was on. The O2 sensors were failing but it was due to and even bigger problem. They took the engine apart and found a overwhelming about of carbon built up. They weren’t sure how bad it was until after they removed both heads. They said at first I would just need to get the heads replaced and they would clean it out. But they started taking the engine sport even more they said there was nothing they could do to salvage the engine. So.. after like 3 months of waiting they got a new engine shipped and I got my car back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts