Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, new to tthe forum, I just recently picked up a 2007 charger with a bad v6 motor in a trade for practically nothing. Always loved the look of this model and decided to go down the mopar world rabbit hole lolol and I'm excited....... I want to put the 5.7 hemi motor in this and mod the car up. Since it originally a v6 motor do I have to match digits off the vin???? Or any 5.7 hemi motor will fit?(turn key pallet) I'm also aware imma need to replace the shaft. Any other info would greatly be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
There are a few shops that specialize in these swaps. You can do a search to see if any are in your area. I'm only familiar with a shop in Avondale, AZ (west of Phoenix, AZ)

http://plumfloored.com/hemi-lx-upgrades-packages/

You can get an idea of what's involved with a V6 to V8 swap by looking at their basic conversion package (V6 elimination package).

Basic Conversion includes:
Low miles 5.7L Hemi Engine, Hemi Engine Harness, V8 Air Cleaner Assembly, SRT Radiator, AC Lines, Powers Steering Lines, New Radiator Hoses, New Heater Hoses, Hemi Driveshaft and Differential with Axles, Hemi ECU, Hemi torque converter, Custom Built Wiring Harness, Reprogramming FCM, ECU, TCM. Hemi Suspension upgrade, Hemi Dual Exhaust System, Hemi Front Brakes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts