Dodge Charger Forum banner

Odd clicking/ticking when driving 2018 SP

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Sinister392 
#1 ·
This came out of no where. While driving relatively slow there is a slight ticking noise. Almost sounds like injector click but it's gotten progressively worse. To hear it before I'd have to drive next to a wall or some enclosed tunnel. Now when driving i can hear it in the car. Its sounds like it's on the front drivers side. Has anyone else had this problem? I wish I could get audio but I'd have to have the camera outside while driving and the wind would muffle it.

#4 ·
I have a 2018 Daytona 392 and I get a ticking sound during the hot summer months from the front rotors/brakes when the wheel is turned left or right while moving. The two piece rotor set up seems to expand and causes a ticking sound. I've heard of the same thing from other Charger owners with the two piece rotors.

#5 ·
I have a 2018 Daytona 392 and I get a ticking sound during the hot summer months from the front rotors/brakes when the wheel is turned left or right while moving. The two piece rotor set up seems to expand and causes a ticking sound. I've heard of the same thing from other Charger owners with the two piece rotors.
Thats where it sounds like its coming from. Ill tinker the next time i have the wheels off. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.