Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to upgrade my brakes and will move from 18 to 20" wheels and I'm foraging and gathering info.

I'm looking between 20" OE Chrome Clad variations, and Cragar 20" Modern Muscle wheels. The Cragars spec a 15mm offset but a similar backspacing. 5-7/8" vs 6" on the OE 18" Chrome Clads. I removed and measured a Clad this AM @6".

The OE C-Clads spec @24mm offset and the Cragar spec 15mm. I'm new to this so am I wrong in assuming I just need to billet spacer the 1/8" difference in back spacing and call it OK? Is back spacing the real concern here?
If the spacer is the solution will I need realignment?

Going from Michelin A/S Premire 235/55R18 to Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/45R20.

So what am I smoking here? Thanks.

cragar_chart.PNG

modern_muscle.jpg

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Interesting, I do understand the chart cannot know the rim lip thickness for all wheels so a deviation is to be expected. That said...........

If both OE and Custom charts are equally inaccurate I'm protruding 14mm or 9/16", no spacer needed for sure.
By measuring my actual wheel by hand @6" backspacing it has my OE back spacing 3/4" less than actual.

So for curiosity I adjusted both sides off sets by 3/4" and it worked out the same @14mm protrusion. Just checking.

Yes, handy chart. Thanks Again.

I'm still going to call Cragar and ask why there is a 15mm difference shown when the bolt circle is 5-115. I see the 10" wide Cragar wheel with 5-115 repeats this. The 5-115 being Dodge specific they must have done the homework.

Anyways?? Will a 14mm protrusion rub the fender?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Gapi, what kinda pricing are you finding on the Indy's? I was seeing them sub $150 a few months ago and now they seem to be running over $150. Maybe summer pricing.
There is one guy on ebay selling them for 145 a piece. I have been trying to time my purchase with one of ebay's 20% coupon deals. Not sure if tires are excluded though

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see way more positive reviews than not on these tires. And same pricing as you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts