Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have the stock halogen headlights and I’d like to upgrade to HID. At first I tried brighter halogen bulbs (Phillips) which worked pretty well, but then I ordered LED bulbs. The dust cap wouldn’t fit and the light wasn’t bright enough and had a weird beam down the road. Then I bought HID’s from Diode Dynamics and the kit didn’t work so they sent a replacement.. also didn’t work. Tried another brand, that didn’t work. I know it’s not an issue with the car because I got 1 of the kits to power up before I actually installed it. I just keep getting faulty kits. Now that it’s winter and there are holes drilled into my headlights (buttoned everything back up the way it was) water has gotten in and now they’re hazy. I found the factory HID headlights (that are all self contained), for about $500 each. Has anyone done this? Are they easy to install or would there be any issues? I think I saw an HID relay in the fuse box w/o a relay in it too. I know it’s a much more expensive route but at this point it’s easier to replace the entire assembly for one w/HID’s already installed like other Chargers have.
AAE104C3-1B43-42EF-BBEC-3C290E4F2BA5.png

1 - 1 of 1 Posts