Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Your title says Charger, the brochure says Challenger. Are they getting the exact same engine/specs?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Title says Charger, brochure says Challenger and there are pics of Camaros and a Stang.

lol

I will say that the 6.4 sounds like it will be a BEAST!

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Yay finally some info on these bad boys! I wish the 392 made more horsepower then that, closer to 500 would have been nice, I doubt these cars are any lighter then they are now and that HP to weight ratio hurts them quite a bit in comparison to the new 5.0 stangs

that being said these cars are gunna be awesome, I've already got a 392 planned out for the banshees future, cept all forged ;)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Nice find.

I'm happy they got the V6 Challenger's HP up to where it needed to be.

...and they did add MDS to the 6.4L, which means it's got a mild cam and a low HP rating at 475 HP. At least this means an aggressive aftermarket cam that doesn't use MDS can unlock lots of HP like on the current 5.7L's.

It's a good start, but honestly I expect more... like an aluminum engine block for the Hemis.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I love the 392 Inaugural Edition ... very much like the GT-500 with the stripes in the seats.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow that thing looks sick.

I was wondering if Dodge was going to be left in the dust with the low hp ratings for the v6 but looks like they got it pretty close, they should try to make it on par with the other 2 ( Ford & Chevy ) to stay competitive.

The Hemi is going to be sweet with the added power and the new 6.4 is going to be nuts, hope they give options for different gear ratios in the back for some nice fun cruising and offer a stick.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Time to get ready to trade this baby in............Come on big tax refund......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your title says Charger, the brochure says Challenger. Are they getting the exact same engine/specs?
Title says Charger, brochure says Challenger and there are pics of Camaros and a Stang.

lol

I will say that the 6.4 sounds like it will be a BEAST!

Yea I'm sure they use the same engines for both cars...it looks like they were just tryin to show what the V6, RT and SRT would compare to if it were a Camaro or Mustang....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the 6.4 numbers. Was hoping for something to compete with the Shelby. Will be interesting to see the price. Pretty ironic they put a picture of the Shelby underneath the text...

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Those V6 HP numbers looks great. Only if they can get it on Charger as well. 305HP for a 3.6V6 sounds a really good deal!

·
Registered
279 Posts
:FIREdevil:if the new charger made over 500 like 525 i would be more inclined to get a newer srt but for only an extra 50hp i cant justify swapping out my 06 srt 8 for a 2011 srt when i could just drop a supercharger for 6-7k and not have a brand new car payment..i i truely was hopeing the new srt 8 would be leaps and bounds over the current gen..not just a step above..i mean with the new ruststang's:TD: and the gxp out i was sure the dodge was going to blow them away w/ the 2011's....:TD:....:FIREdevil:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the 6.4 numbers. Was hoping for something to compete with the Shelby. Will be interesting to see the price. Pretty ironic they put a picture of the Shelby underneath the text...

:FIREdevil:....yep...me too...:TD:...:FIREdevil:

·
Registered
5 Posts
if i am right i think the camaro weighs in right about where the charger srt is now. and the new stang is a little lighter than the camaro.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
if i am right i think the camaro weighs in right about where the charger srt is now. and the new stang is a little lighter than the camaro.
The Camaro SS weighs in at about 3850 lbs, and the new 5.0 weighs in just above 3600 pounds.

Meanwhile, the Challenger SRT weighs in at about 4,100 lbs, and the Charger SRT rolls in around 4,150 lbs. Both these cars would lose just shy of 100 lbs by switching from an iron to aluminum block.

That would close a good chunk of the weight gap we need...

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
As far as the six-shooters are concerned, just MATCHING the Camaro and Mustang's power numbers means it's already lost. Because the Challys weigh 200-300lbs more, they need at least 315-325hp to be competitive. Same with the R/T & SRTs. 475 seems kind of mild. A 302 makes 412, but a 392 only musters 475? I know a cam will fix this, but it should have been better from the factory, IMO.

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
We got awhile to wait for any significant weight savings. This was a 5 year refresh not a new platform which would be needed to make a significant weight swing.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Keep in mind that the Charger/Challengers, unlike the Shelby or Camaro are normally aspirated and making 475 HP. It might also be under rated on purpose to keep insurance companies happy (classic ploy) and the other makers keep guessing. It also leaves allot of room for MODS as everyone is different and the wallet sizes are too.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Keep in mind that the Charger/Challengers, unlike the Shelby or Camaro are normally aspirated and making 475 HP. It might also be under rated on purpose to keep insurance companies happy (classic ploy) and the other makers keep guessing. It also leaves allot of room for MODS as everyone is different and the wallet sizes are too.
This x2

Im PRAYING that the 475 is Dodge just BSing to the insurance companies and grossly undervaluing the 392. But until someone gets their hands on one and dynos it and swaps out the cam and some basic bolt ons, CAI, aftermarket exhaust, etc. We really won't know how much she "should" be making.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts