• Valvoline

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Not Listed

Votes: 15 5.2%
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am one of the guys that pays someone to change my oil, I think the reason I have never changed to doin g it myself is that I would not know what to do with the old oil, isn't there laws about how you have to discard the used oil?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am one of the guys that pays someone to change my oil, I think the reason I have never changed to doin g it myself is that I would not know what to do with the old oil, isn't there laws about how you have to discard the used oil?
Yes, you bring it to any facility that recycles used oil. I can bring mine to my towns recycling center, or some of the auto stores that have service centers.

·
Registered
332 Posts
In the past, I have run Amsoil with great results. I have a 1999 Dodge Neon that is currently running great at 217,000 miles. It gets Amsoil every 20k and their Nano filter that states it is good to 25k. The Neon has used oil since day one to the tune of about a 1/2 quart every 5k. So the way I figure it, I get 1.5 new quarts out of 5 every oil change. No plans to ever switch oils in that car.
For the charger, since it has a lifetime warranty, I will likely be going Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1. Both are available locally at about the same price. I would prefer Amsoil, but not being API certified may present issues regarging warranty so I figure why take the chance. No Royal Purple anywhere to be found except online.

I also have a 2002 Turbo Diesel that has Amsoil front to back with the exception of the motor....it runs good ole Rosmella.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I change my own and use Mobile Clean 5000. Seems to work very well so far so I think I'll stick with it.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I change my own and use Mobile Clean 5000. Seems to work very well so far so I think I'll stick with it.
What govern your decision to use Mobile Clean 5000; just curious?

·
Registered
19 Posts
ive been using mobil 1 so far and have no problems however i am intersted in the royal purple. i also have never heard of it until now

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll break the trend. I use valvoline max life. Most car owners won't own their vehicle long enough to see the all the benefits of synthetic oil. With valvoline's enginge guarantee program, it seemed the more economical choice

·
Registered
164 Posts
Has anyone on here seen the Four Ball Bearing tests on all of the oils mentioned in the poll. I am a faithful user of Mobil 1, hell the dodge recommends it. I was doing some resurch and found that AMSOIL has a lower number in this test area, which equates to longer lasting and better gas mileage and less scaring of the motor. I will try and compile a list of the four ball bearing test of all of the major motor oils. Oh and guess what its cost just as much as the the other oils and less than most. (Royal Purple)(Mobil 1)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Have to say that i am a Mobil 1 guy. have been for years and it has never failed me in my past rides. also for the Costco shoppers out there they occasionally run an 8 dollar off a 6 quart case making it like 26 dollars for 6 quarts which breaks down to 4.33 a quart. great deal on a great product. the only down fall is that they only carry 10w-30 and 5w-30 at my local store so this deal only helps out the 3.5 guys.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I'm a Royal Purple guy through and through....but I have tried Not Listed a few times :hah:

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
I use Mobil 1 0w40, have my oil analysis done on every oil change with no issues, I'll stick with this for now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I havn't changed it out yet, but a lot of other guys in the shop use it too.

For those of us that do use it i think it's for the 4k$ in protection TBH. For full disclosure my car is 2 years old with 28k on it so i doubt i would be needing synthetic anyways, i really don't push her that hard lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone on here seen the Four Ball Bearing tests...AMSOIL has a lower number in this test area, which equates to longer lasting and better gas mileage and less scaring (sic) of the motor.
Amsoil's four-ball wear test is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, unless you have four balls rolling around somewhere in your engine. The results are not relevant to what takes place inside an internal combustion engine.

Of course, if you don't want to scare your engine, go ahead and use it. :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Been using Amsoil 'Signature Series' 0W 30 for over a decade now (switched from Mobil1)...the original inventor of synthetics for automobiles. :TU:

61 - 80 of 88 Posts