Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum,

Ok so I bought an oil catch can from UPR. I am now starting to regret if because they shipped me a good can but only one hose that if cut to proper length won't be long enough to get two. Second I notice that when I removed my stock PCV hose I need fittings to plug in the hose that came with my catch can. I contacted UPR and they told me that my car should have stock fittings but I doubt it because the stock elbow shaped PCV line wasn't plugged in with fittings. I plan on returning the UPR catch can and getting myself another one. Any suggestions forum? I want a can that comes with everything needed for the install. I don't want to spend over $100 and still have to buy additional hardware. I have a 2013 Dodge Charger V6 with the 3.6L Pentastar engine. Also any help installing a can would be helpful. I was looking at Billet Tech how are their cans? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
842 Posts
Bought my catch can from Speedlogix and loved it. However it cost more than $100. My motto has always been, buy cheap you get cheap, also You generally get what you pay for in this dog eat dog world.

Do your homework and get a good piece of equipment. Cheap out on some parts and like the old Fram commercial used to say, You can pay me now or you can pay me later. Quality usually costs a little more. I have seen it with headers etc... people buying BBK then complaining after they see the quality and fit of the more expensive JBA's.

Good luck with your search.. Oh.. you can get some more hose for your catch can at Pep Boys, Advanced or Autozone. Bring your hose and they can match it up for you.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
The can ships with the fittings, 2 hoses, all mounting brackets.. etc. You won't need anything for the install. In the shopping cart, just select your make/model and year and we will cover the rest.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hello Forum,

Ok so I bought an oil catch can from UPR. I am now starting to regret if because they shipped me a good can but only one hose that if cut to proper length won't be long enough to get two. Second I notice that when I removed my stock PCV hose I need fittings to plug in the hose that came with my catch can. I contacted UPR and they told me that my car should have stock fittings but I doubt it because the stock elbow shaped PCV line wasn't plugged in with fittings. I plan on returning the UPR catch can and getting myself another one. Any suggestions forum? I want a can that comes with everything needed for the install. I don't want to spend over $100 and still have to buy additional hardware. I have a 2013 Dodge Charger V6 with the 3.6L Pentastar engine. Also any help installing a can would be helpful. I was looking at Billet Tech how are their cans? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I bought one from UPR. You can pick up the fittings at your local hardware store for $2 and as length of hose from a parts store for $3. You're out $5. They're a Ford builder and the catch can for Mopar is a universal setup.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought one from UPR. You can pick up the fittings at your local hardware store for $2 and as length of hose from a parts store for $3. You're out $5. They're a Ford builder and the catch can for Mopar is a universal setup.
Jinx what size fittings did you get? How did your install go?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The can ships with the fittings, 2 hoses, all mounting brackets.. etc. You won't need anything for the install. In the shopping cart, just select your make/model and year and we will cover the rest.
Threegpsi ok sounds good will be ordering one pretty soon. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts