Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do with the oil in your catch can? Just asking everytime i check mine i looks like fresh oil.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I check & empty my can every thousand miles or so, just to make sure everything looks good in there. I've been using a prototype of ones I'm making.
The oil I pull out looks great, but I think that's because I change the oil regularly at 5k intervals.

·
Registered
772 Posts
You empty it. I'm not going to tell you where to do that since each location is different when it comes to disposing of oil.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can get cheaper, but the Billet Techs are really well made and already designed to mount to our specific vehicles. Creating your own mount that is effective (both in cost and application) as well as durable and clean looking is the tricky part. In the end you have to figure how much you are saving not only in cost, effectiveness at filtering, durability, and looks, but also your time.

I looked at a ton of options, and dollar for dollar the BT was the best way to go, IMO, for a blend of all of the above. And I can't really relay how nice the units are in-hand, they are much nicer than I expected, and I expected it to be well made as it was.

There are plenty of arguments on whether or not it is even needed, but I'm taking a 'better safe than sorry' on this one. In an interview/Q&A of some sort with SRT engineers, they said it couldn't/wouldn't hurt anything, even though they didn't feel the Mopar GDI designs necessitate it. (paraphrased)

·
Registered
447 Posts
You can get cheaper, but the Billet Techs are really well made and already designed to mount to our specific vehicles. Creating your own mount that is effective (both in cost and application) as well as durable and clean looking is the tricky part. In the end you have to figure how much you are saving not only in cost, effectiveness at filtering, durability, and looks, but also your time.

I looked at a ton of options, and dollar for dollar the BT was the best way to go, IMO, for a blend of all of the above. And I can't really relay how nice the units are in-hand, they are much nicer than I expected, and I expected it to be well made as it was.

There are plenty of arguments on whether or not it is even needed, but I'm taking a 'better safe than sorry' on this one. In an interview/Q&A of some sort with SRT engineers, they said it couldn't/wouldn't hurt anything, even though they didn't feel the Mopar GDI designs necessitate it. (paraphrased)
Okay, I ordered Bilet catch can for the HemI Ram 1500 and I ordered a cheaper catch can but with baffles inside, just to see if I can do something with it.
If it doesn't works, I will just instal it on the Pacifica and get something better for the Charger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts