Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

as a prod owner of a used 2016 Charger R/T I have a question which you guys hopefully can answer, because I can't...
So whenever I start with a completely cold engine, I see particles going out of the exhaust. Not only a few I mean a lot. I don't know how I should name these "particles" as I am not a native speaker. From my knowledge it can either be oil or smoke/soot (google translator). The car drives normally and the smoke is completely gone whenever the car is warm. Due to the turbulence while driving I have a lot of these particles on my trunk lid. One time tho, my family have seen white smoke from the exhaust, but only once. I wonder if I should start to worry or maybe it's completely normal with this engine. I do not have local dealers which I can ask as a US car in Europe is quite rare.

Happy to hear your thoughts. I have attached a picture of a tissue with the particles from a cold engine for your convinience. Maybe this helps.

https://imgur.com/a/nfOIgHV

-IceBoosteR

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think what you are seeing is condensation mixed with exhaust soot. Once the exhaust system gets warmed up the moisture should be less.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts