Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, while driving to my basketball game on Saturday morning, CEL came on. Went to dealer after and they hooked up their code reader and found a P0520 (Engine oil pressure sensor circuit short). I informed them that the oil pressure gauge was reading anywhere from 80 (idling) to 100 (foot on gas) PSI. They said I should be good to drive and it was probably a bad sensor. Made appt for Monday morning to bring it back and went home. Picked it up Tuesday afternoon, and now pressure is reading between 40 (idling) and 60 (foot on gas) PSI. Is this normal, I am not sure. Sorry for the long post, but want to be sure...

willie

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
To be honest, I don't know for sure. I'll check in half an hour or so when I head out to lunch and get back to you.
Anyway, here's a bump in hopes that others will chime in with their info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Both Pressures seem normal to me as when cold the Pressure is high to where you state maybe not 80 but like 60 - Seen 100 when hitting gas. Once warm your second numbers are right where mine are.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both Pressures seem normal to me as when cold the Pressure is high to where you state maybe not 80 but like 60 - Seen 100 when hitting gas. Once warm your second numbers are right where mine are.
thanks for the info. It seems to be running fine at the pressures that I am seeing. I guess with the bad sensor, that is why I was seeing the high pressure numbers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts