Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get a oil recommendation for my 2015 with 45k miles? Grade, type and brands. Also anyone heard of honey oil? Should I use it? What are some things I should be doing to maintain? How often for oil changes etc?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I'm a fan of Pennzoil full synthetic factory fill. Nothing wrong with that. But if you want something a little better in my opinion, look for bnd automotive. They make their own blends specific to your vehicle and I can honestly say, I've noticed a difference. I'm about to service the transmission and differentials on both my vehicles with their fluids soon too. I have their oil in my 2015 SXT and my 2013 SRT and can truly say I've noticed a difference. Biggest difference I've noticed has been the engine runs quieter.

You should follow the oil life meter unless your running your car in sever conditions. The only true way to know if your oil can run longer is to do an analysis. Otherwise, follow the oil life meter. I also recommend using OEM oil filters. You can easily get them for cheap. I've heard of honey oil and personally would stay away from it in modern cars.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
For off the shelf, Mobil1, the original in the weight MOPAR specified.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the detailed response, I appreciate the information. Think I'm going to stick with Pennzoil since I'm still under warranty and that's what the manual recommends. Eventually I will look into bnd.

I'm a fan of Pennzoil full synthetic factory fill. Nothing wrong with that. But if you want something a little better in my opinion, look for bnd automotive. They make their own blends specific to your vehicle and I can honestly say, I've noticed a difference. I'm about to service the transmission and differentials on both my vehicles with their fluids soon too. I have their oil in my 2015 SXT and my 2013 SRT and can truly say I've noticed a difference. Biggest difference I've noticed has been the engine runs quieter.

You should follow the oil life meter unless your running your car in sever conditions. The only true way to know if your oil can run longer is to do an analysis. Otherwise, follow the oil life meter. I also recommend using OEM oil filters. You can easily get them for cheap. I've heard of honey oil and personally would stay away from it in modern cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts