Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2017 Daytona. Before I installed my catch can my the gauge where it shows my oil life was showing 95 percent oil life. After I installed my catch can the gauge is now showing 100 percent I don't think I accidentally reset the gauge. I'm trying to see if anyone else has had this problem ir what it could possibly be? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hi Jordan, I would only worry if the oil life gauge goes up to 105% LOL

My oil life gauge (33k miles now) for my 392 has always seemed to line up with a 5000 or 6000 mile oil change interval. I am sure if your oil life gauge goes from 100% to 0% in around 6000 miles, it is working fine. Now I change my oil before it gets to 0% - usually around 11% or so when I go around 5000 miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jordan, I would only worry if the oil life gauge goes up to 105% LOL

My oil life gauge (33k miles now) for my 392 has always seemed to line up with a 5000 or 6000 mile oil change interval. I am sure if your oil life gauge goes from 100% to 0% in around 6000 miles, it is working fine. Now I change my oil before it gets to 0% - usually around 11% or so when I go around 5000 miles

Preciate it. Ya, I was worried that something was wrong since it went from 91% back to 100 after 1k miles. Good to know nothing is wrong.

Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts