Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just a quick background: I've always loved working on my cars. I had an Integra back in 2000 as my first car and knew anything and everything about them and loved working on the car hands on. Eventually I went on to own VW for a bit with a GLI and then a GTI and again knew everything there was and was always hands on. Eventually during nursing school I had a 2012 Dodge Charger, just the V6, and fell in love with the vehicle. Never had time or money to work on the car during school, but the way it came out of the factory was gorgeous and unique so I didn't care. Now I got a 2019 because I wanted to keep with the car I love so much and upgraded to the R/T. This car I'm still completely new to and my knowledge is unbelievably low so I figured I'll learn as I go. I've done simple things out the gate by doing a black vinyl wrap on the door hands, gas cap, and to the tail light. Took off the DODGE letters on the back and took the word HEMI off the sides because it just wasn't pleasing to the eye, just an opinion lol. I know a lot of you guys have a lot of experience with these vehicles and any opinions or suggestions would be unbelievably appreciated it!

Definitely want to get the MOPAR Intake and do the MOPAR supercharger at my dealership, they give me 20% off everything which is really nice and I'll do those things over the course of a few months, plus I love that none of it messes with my warranty.

Here's the thing that I get nervous about and unsure. So I want to really do something nice with my suspension and wheels. I am without a doubt getting the Ferrada FR5's in black. I've seen and heard that getting them wider than my stock wheels is the way to do it and honestly they look really good. I love that aggressive look! I was curious what the standard is around here that is easiest to deal with without really compromising camber, rubbing issues etc. I've heard is 9 or 9.5 in the front and 10 for width in the back? Sorry I'm on the move right now so remember specifics is not at my best right now lol! With that set I was going to get the MOPAR Lowering springs, I know they only drop an inch so I assume with the wheels it shouldn't be an issue? Was also looking for opinions on the Lowering Springs with drive comfort-ability, how's it look in comparison to stock and such. I always see scat packs locally and I feel like their cars sit at the perfect stance just above the wheels perfectly, is it safe to assume they have a different suspension than just the lowering springs and if so, should I look into getting the same suspension as the scatpacks? Will the completely change the nature of how easily those rims will fit in the wheel well.

Also opinions on HID's that are more plug in and play that are dependable, won't throw codes, and not really require too much messing with my headlights to make them fit. I love that my fogs are white, but hate that my headlights are a warm color for the Hi/Lo bulbs.

Sorry if some of these things seem trivial or stupid, but I want to do things the right way this time around and be confident in what I choose. I've dealt with so many aftermarket parts over the years that have caused me nothing but headaches and made the car lose it's beauty in the long run.

Also, any opinion on me color matching my side marker lights instead of blacking them out or should I just black them out? I color matched my side markers on my VW GTI a few years ago with paint from the factory and people loved that shit lol.

And last but not least, how do you guys feel about the back bumper aggressive look? I heard it's a simple piece you add onto the existing piece. In photos it looks good, but in person sometimes I'm not sure and debate about it. Maybe it would look better after I work on the stance and wheels of my car. Anyways again, thanks for taking the time to read my bullshit lmao I look forward to any insight!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump: question

I hate the grill on my car with the dodgeII emblem backing. I found a nice scatpack grill for my car and I love the clean look. What's the consensus though if I'm rocking a scatpack honey comb grille with no scatpack emblems of any kind. I would imagine the air vents on the sides don't do anything for my car and I'm not trying to misrepresent the model of my car, just love the cleaner look

1 - 2 of 2 Posts