Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Different option (please post below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering what anyone's opinion on these scoops for the doors and hood were. This ebay deal seemed like a good buy and was considering getting it.

I thought the hood scoops were alittle odd at first but are kind of growing on me because of how unique they are and I like how they sit slightly low. The door scoops I was always going to get but am interested in thoughts on them as well. Link provided to the deal below.
:4-dontknow:
[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/201276889287?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT[/URL]

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I kind of like the door scoops but need to be the right car with with the right look. The hood scoops could be thrown away in my opinion.

·
5,990 Posts
I personally don't care too much for those kind of "stick-on" scoops. I would just find a hood you like and buy that.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. If you really like them, do it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'd only put the side ones on if they're an accent color (ie not body color, like red scoop on black body.) Agree with others that fake scoops on hood looks bad.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah, I like the door scoops and bought someone other than Danko and was told the molds were so bad that I would need a body shop to fix them so they would stay on.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have those door scoops.
Fitment was spot on as well.

It's a love hate thing with a lot of people I suppose...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Door scoops look ok, the ones for the hood would be a no-go for me!

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Yea not a fan of the hood scoops.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Powerman, your scoops look great, props to you. funny we both have white cars, I was wondering what they would look like if I left them black. looks great.

and yea it seems like everyone doesn't seem to keen on the hood ones. worst comes to worst if I cant pull em off I can literally pull them off ha. 3m tape for the win. we will see I suppose. they might look better with a stripe on the hood as well.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I was one of the very few that actually received the Danko door scoops. After 2 years of waiting I finally received them. The fitment was ok, but my body shop had to prep them 3 different times to get the pinholes out of the fiberglass and get them smooth. But they sure do look great once they're done. Mine are body colored. Just prefer them that way rather than leaving them black. Looks more "factory" to me that way.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Damn,so after all of that time your guy still had to do extra work on the scoops....they should have been perfect by the time you finally got them but they sure look nice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
great looking ride cuda

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Damn,so after all of that time your guy still had to do extra work on the scoops....they should have been perfect by the time you finally got them but they sure look nice.
Yeah, tell me about it. First, they had so many fitment issues with the honeycomb inserts, and then they couldn't keep guys working for them that it was a one man operation most of the time. He had to keep training people to do the job. (Guess that's why there were tiny pinholes just below the surface that had to be filled when the scoops were being prepped. Nobody knew how to make them properly). It was a huge cluster**** for a long time. People were dropping out from the pre-order list left and right. I think that finally there were only about ten people that actually got these. Thanks though, it may not seem like it, but this is one of the few things that was actually worth the wait when they were finally finished and installed, especially knowing that only a handful of people in the world have the Danko scoops. I guess it pays to be patient, but I have much less hair than I did when I first ordered them!!! LOL
great looking ride cuda
Thank you!!! Appreciate it. :TU:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yeah, tell me about it. First, they had so many fitment issues with the honeycomb inserts, and then they couldn't keep guys working for them that it was a one man operation most of the time. He had to keep training people to do the job. (Guess that's why there were tiny pinholes just below the surface that had to be filled when the scoops were being prepped. Nobody knew how to make them properly). It was a huge cluster**** for a long time. People were dropping out from the pre-order list left and right. I think that finally there were only about ten people that actually got these. Thanks though, it may not seem like it, but this is one of the few things that was actually worth the wait when they were finally finished and installed, especially knowing that only a handful of people in the world have the Danko scoops. I guess it pays to be patient, but I have much less hair than I did when I first ordered them!!! LOL
Oh I know all about it as I have been following the thread the whole time.I wanted to get a pair myself,with or without the inserts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts