Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I have a little issue that I’m looking for some assistance of one. I have a 2011 charger mopar 11, I just recently ran into an issue where I do not have overdrive anymore and also lost the ability to manually shift the car. I can’t get the PCM to reset. Can someone please advise me on how to reset the PCM or if I need to do something else to correct this issue. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
174 Posts
What do you mean you do not have overdrive? Do you mean 4th gear then?

Also ECP does not control the transmission. The TCM does.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
What do you mean you do not have overdrive? Do you mean 4th gear then?
OD is 5th gear in the NAG1.
Sounds like a TCM issue. Do you have any communication codes stored, like U0101 or something of that nature?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yeah, no clue why I said 4th. Perhaps I am still use to the good ol 42LE.
Terrible trans.....I've always wanted to punch whoever thought it was a good idea and whoever signed off on turning a FWD transaxle into a longitudinal 2wd/4wd trans....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Terrible trans.....I've always wanted to punch whoever thought it was a good idea and whoever signed off on turning a FWD transaxle into a longitudinal 2wd/4wd trans....
Eh, I've had decent luck with mine. I put an oversized cooler on it, change fluid every 50K and so far got quite a few miles on it shifts pretty good. I feel early years had alot of issues due to infomation that dex/merc could be used as well as teething issues. But so far mine been holding up. Of course I did swap in the later generation of transmission. If I add it up wanna say this transmission should have roughly 145K miles on it.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Ex-wife had an 04 Liberty with one....hated it. Kinda wished she had an 02-early 03 because then it would've had an RFE (just like my truck and I had goodies for that) and as crappy as that trans is, it's still better than the RLE lol.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ex-wife had an 04 Liberty with one....hated it. Kinda wished she had an 02-early 03 because then it would've had an RFE (just like my truck and I had goodies for that) and as crappy as that trans is, it's still better than the RLE lol.
The 42LE was was strictly in the LH bodies which is what I have.

What is funny about it is, the only thing that made it a FWD was a transfer chain and diff setup casted into the housing. So converting it to RWD really just meant revising housing end to just straight output. Not as big of a change as one would imagine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts