Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Charger RT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this code about a month ago and I have ignored it because I have some bolts on that sometimes trigger CEL's, I clear them and they usually never come back. Well this one kept coming back. It wasn't until a couple weeks ago when I started noticing some issue. It first started with a rough idle, It threw a P0300 code, It backfired when decelerating. Once I saw I was getting misfires I decided to pull all the spark plugs to inspect them. Bank 2 looked fine, nothing seemed to have a problem on that side of the engine. I pulled bank 1 and every single spark plug were black. Now that tells me Im running rich only on that side of the engine so that's when I decided to start looking for the Issue. I took it to a muffler shop found some exhaust leaks, got that fixed. Still throwing the code, so I decided to replace bank 1 sensor 1 (upstream), still throws the code. I take it the shop and they say I have still have exhaust leaks, okay so I take it back the muffler shop, no no exhaust leaks. So I went a changed out bank 1 sensor 2 (downstream) sensor, still throwing code. I checked for vacuum leaks, nothing. I checked the PCV valve, still in good shape, I checked for cracked hoses, nothing. So I took it back to a different shop today, and there are saying my bank 1 sensor 1 is reading a low voltage which makes sense because I have seen that code pop up sometimes, and he said its probably because its an aftermarket o2 sensor that I needed to get an OEM one. Im going to take him an OEM one tomorrow so Im hoping that fixes the issue. Anyone else ever run into a problem with this CEL? If it doesn't turn out to be the o2 sensor, what else can It be? Also I do have some bolt ons done and It is custom tuned. I talked to my tuner already, and he said for what I have done to it shouldn't be throwing that type of code.

Mods: Long tubes w cat delete. Cat back, Cold Air intake, 93 custom tune.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Remflex header gaskets are the best.
If you didn't use them that's where I'd look for a leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts