Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, All!

First off, I want to give a big thanks to the Z community for being so informative and open to discussions!

I've been reading through all of the information on the forums and learning quite a bit about the DiabloSport Tuning systems and I have a few questions for people using them:

All in all, I'm quite impressed with my SRT8. It shifts really smooth, which is great when the girlfriend is riding with me, but I wouldn't mind feeling kicked back a bit more when shifting.
-I'm assuming there is some sort of power reduction to smooth the transition. Does anyone know if the DiabloSport tuners allow for a noticeably stronger shift?

I read a few forum posts that warned people about 'losing your tune' where the pcm almost seems to forget about what you told it.
-Has anyone had this or a similar type of issue?
-If issues arise, I'm assuming there is a stock setting you can revert back to?

A friend of mine referred me to the B&G Chrystler tuning website where they offer to ship you a pre-tuned pcm OR ship you a tuner flashed with their settings.
-I'm not 100% sure about what service they provide specifically - does anyone know if they just provide specially tuned settings that you flash to your pcm?
-Is there any advantage to using a special or custom tune instead of what comes preloaded on the tuner?
-Has anyone used one of these proprietary tunes or installed a custom one?

Finally, pardon my lengthy questions, does anyone from the pacific northwest have one of these units? I would love to pick your brain about some of these things; in fact, I'll buy the beer!

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
You can adjust your shift firmness, but you always pose the risk of ruining something when tuning, keep that in mind.

Never had an issue with losing a tune in my car, if something does come up, you can always revert back to stock, assuming it installed and backed up your original in the first place.

I haven't used custom tunes so I can't really offer any input into that realm:(

There is bound to be someone in the PAC NW with a tuner, we have people everywhere:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Did you use the preloaded options in the tuner? Did it seem to make a noticeable difference?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts