Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I finally did it. I had my (ugly) chrome gille replaced with a painted Toxic orange one. I also took the stock 'cross hair' piece and wrapped it with 3M Di-Noc carbon fiber film. That stuff is awesome! Finally, I had my stock fog lights replaced with LED lights. I really like how it turned out! The car looks so much better now. Plus, the LED's go with the whole tail light look I already had goin'. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Looks good, really digging the grill

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nicely done. That looks pretty darn sharp!

Do those LED's work as fogs then? They don't seem like they would be bright and/or project far enough.
Thanks man. Yeah, the LED's really act more as a DRL than a fog light, but that's the look I was going for. My HID headlights are plenty bright enough on their own. Plus, they look great together. No more 'yellowish' stock fog lights. They always bugged me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
nice work.... looks good...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks great man! Flows really nicely from the body to the grill.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Reps to you Sir, touches like that make your ride one of a kind. Looks great!

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Very nice mod. Can you post a closeup of the crosshairs?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is so awesome looking, I was thinking of doing that same thing, Now I am going to do it for sure!!!! Reps to you
Thanks man! I can't stop smiling. I'm so happy with how it turned out. That 3M carbon fiber film is really cool too. I might get a chin spoiler and wrap it as well?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice mod. Can you post a closeup of the crosshairs?
Thanks! My first pic shows the crosshairs pretty well. What were you hoping to see? Just wanted to check before I posted another pic

·
Registered
494 Posts
wow, how much did it run you? i wanted to do that to mine since i saw it on the redline. its beautiful in red... but some people told me it was gonna cost $500+ to get it painted which i was NOT willing to do.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Thanks man. Yeah, the LED's really act more as a DRL than a fog light, but that's the look I was going for. My HID headlights are plenty bright enough on their own. Plus, they look great together. No more 'yellowish' stock fog lights. They always bugged me.
Where did you get those LED's to replace the fogs? I like em' a lot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow, how much did it run you? i wanted to do that to mine since i saw it on the redline. its beautiful in red... but some people told me it was gonna cost $500+ to get it painted which i was NOT willing to do.
Paid $150 for the stock (black) grille, local body shop charged me $185 to paint and install it. I took my stock crosshair grille and wrapped it myself. The 3M carbon fiber film is on eBay for $25 (4' long sheet). Well worth every penny!! It just finishes the car!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where did you get those LED's to replace the fogs? I like em' a lot.
I bought the 'stock' Charger fog light bezels for the SE that doesn't have fog lights. Then I bought these 'Mercedes-style' L-shaped LED's from Amazon. I think I paid $55 (total) for everything. I just drilled two holes in the factory bezels and mounted the LED's. Pretty straight forward. I suppose you could wire them to actually be your DRL's but I wanted the convenience of having them be my "fog lights" even though I'll probably use them all of the time. They look awesome!! They are really bright and match up with the HID lights really well.

I seriously had multiple people stop me to tell me how sweet the car looked!! ;)

·
Registered
17,606 Posts
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Feeling these mods up in here

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
That looks really good man, I like it :TU:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts