Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2009 2.7L Charger and I'm having an issue with a 1.1 amp parasitic draw that is coming from fuse 14. I have been fixing/upgrading things since I purchased the vehicle so it's been difficult to figure out what's causing the problem. I installed an aftermarket head unit and back up camera. Those were my first guesses, but the camera doesn't draw anything and the radio draws 50 mA. I purchased 2 key fobs and had them programmed at a local locksmith. I see fuse #14 deals with the instrument cluster, keyless entry, and HVAC controls. I have narrowed it down to that circuit but I'm unsure as to where to go from here. Through the search function I found other people with the same problem on this forum, but nobody has an answer. Has anyone solved this problem before I tear the whole car apart?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it is fuse #14 in the trunk. I did some more tests today. I disconnected the A/C Heater controls and it still pulled 1.1 Amp. I pulled the instrument cluster out, unplugged the 3 plugs in the back, and the draw went down to 50 mA. I'm guessing there's something wrong with the instrument cluster? I emailed a couple repair shops that test/rebuild instrument clusters to see if this is something they can fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts