Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this pedal for the E-brake or some people call it "parking brake" so that all 3 of the pedals match and it won't go on. If you put one of these on how did you go about it?
I thought I might glue it I have some really strong glue but afraid it's just going to come off.
Screenshot_20210601-210256_eBay.jpg

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,549 Posts
I bought this pedal for the E-brake or some people call it "parking brake" so that all 3 of the pedals match and it won't go on. If you put one of these on how did you go about it?
I thought I might glue it I have some really strong glue but afraid it's just going to come off. View attachment 123585
I am going to assume you first removed the black rubber pad . If I remember I cut a slit in one of the corners then put it in boiling water to soften it up then stretched over the pedal and it was a ***** to do. I did that on my 2010 Challenger and have not done it on any since.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the OE pad is removed. It seem on my car the metal part is small and the new one I have just sits on there basically. I have a 2019 Daytona 392

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,549 Posts
Yeah that pedal is different than I remember.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I glued mine and it didn't do a damn thing to hold it on. The first time I applied it, it detached.

About the only thing you can do (other than trimming the rubber carefully to fit) is to carefully mark and drill a hole in the center of the pad, into the pedal, and then use a stainless-steel pan head self-tapping screw (or something similar) to hold it in place. I like one with an allen head but you can use whatever you like.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So where did you buy this pedal cover? I'm wondering if it's the wrong one? Dodge doesn't sell one or it would have come with the pedal package in the Scat Packs. I had to put mine one myself. Mine only came with the Gas and Brake pedal which I thought was stupid, the parking brake was still just that rubber pad.

The one you purchased looks like an exact match. What exactly is the issue getting it on? Did you do the factory ones yourself or did your dealer install them for you? Mine where in a box in the trunk.

·
Registered
858 Posts
So where did you buy this pedal cover? I'm wondering if it's the wrong one? Dodge doesn't sell one or it would have come with the pedal package in the Scat Packs. I had to put mine one myself. Mine only came with the Gas and Brake pedal which I thought was stupid, the parking brake was still just that rubber pad.

The one you purchased looks like an exact match. What exactly is the issue getting it on? Did you do the factory ones yourself or did your dealer install them for you? Mine where in a box in the trunk.
Dodge does not sell a matching e-brake cover, period. If anyone does, I've never seen one. Pads like this one are widely available on the aftermarket, I bought mine on that big auction website.

If you compare the pics of the pedal and this pad, you'll see that they are not a perfect match. The pad is designed for use with a pedal that is welded or riveted to the e-brake pedal assembly, whereas LX/LD e-brake pedals are stamped.

To use this pad, parts of the rubber "flap" need to be cut away for clearance. The result is a very loose, sloppy fit that will cause the pad to fall off, usually the first time the pedal is used.

Most Charger owners who use this type of e-brake pad use glue to hold them on, with varying degrees of success. The only foolproof way to hold them in place is to drill through the pad and pedal and use a screw as an anchor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts